News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Jarvis

Re: Cape Wickham Article from Darius Oliver
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 12:51:36 AM »
how does the land there compare to barnbougle ben? looks like more of the course is set right up against the coastline and there is more scope for missing shots and hitting the ocean. what were the stand out holes out there?

Alan,

It's a unique site and certainly different to anywhere which I have played. I'll be posting photos which will hopefully capture the site.

For me, the standout holes included; 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 17 and 18

Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Ben Jarvis

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 12:54:23 AM »

3. I'm not sure there is another golf course that calls upon as many heroic golf shots than what one finds at Cape Wickham; 1, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17 and 18.

Is the above a compliment?

John,

It's a compliment where there were also other avenues of play, assisting the lesser skilled or less brave player. Options were presented on each of these holes.
Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Mike_DeVries

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »

3. I'm not sure there is another golf course that calls upon as many heroic golf shots than what one finds at Cape Wickham; 1, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17 and 18.

John,

It's a compliment where there were also other avenues of play, assisting the lesser skilled or less brave player. Options were presented on each of these holes.

Good to hear you mention other options, Ben. Hope all is well at Metro!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:22:52 PM by Mike_DeVries »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2015, 11:26:00 AM »
Will there be any range of target green speeds, given wind effected putting and contour/slope of greens?  I'd also be interested to know if the greens are comparable to TDs Barny Dunes or C&Cs less contoured Lost Farm. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Daryl David

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
Will there be any range of target green speeds, given wind effected putting and contour/slope of greens?  I'd also be interested to know if the greens are comparable to TDs Barny Dunes or C&Cs less contoured Lost Farm. 

The greens are not as wild as Barnbougle Dunes but more interesting than Lost Farm. They should be very playable even in high winds. Duncan intends to maintain speeds fit for the conditions. There is no sense in having visitors travel all the way to King Island only to four putt their way around the course.

Darren Gloster

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 04:18:17 PM »

John,

Benny what did you see as the "other" option on 16?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back