News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

William_G

Re: I'm Sick Of This Truncated Thread Title BS
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2014, 02:28:21 AM »

this is great training for Pat's son, in that you need to own what you post online no matter how bad it is

EVERYONE who has ever played with my son has commented on what a fine young man he is. despite his father?

I'm sure he is great, no doubt!! good job!, but there is more at stake than that ...why be so selfish as you have documented here on GCA.com despite your own documented generosity?...it must be fantastic to have it both ways! LOL
It's all about the golf!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2014, 07:21:06 AM »
William Grieve,

I haven't been selfish, i've been very generous, in many aspects, on and off this site.

But, I'm not going to retitle the threads I craft just to satisfy a few whiners.
The titles are mostly after thoughts that follow the concept.

"THE" most important element is the content of the thread.

If participants are upset by the title of a thread, they need to get a life and focus on the things in life that are far more important.

Hope that helps.

William_G

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2014, 08:14:11 AM »
William Grieve,

I haven't been selfish, i've been very generous, in many aspects, on and off this site.

But, I'm not going to retitle the threads I craft just to satisfy a few whiners.
The titles are mostly after thoughts that follow the concept.

"THE" most important element is the content of the thread.

If participants are upset by the title of a thread, they need to get a life and focus on the things in life that are far more important.

Hope that helps.

UH

moving on is a good thing yet you yourself declared how you act on here....while content is king, courtesy to the reader also is beneficial to the site....hope we meet some day so we can dook it out in person, LOL
It's all about the golf!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »
I declared that I don't act to please others at the expense of pleasing myself.

And I asked if others act differently.

I haven't seen you declare that you act to please others at the expense of pleasing yourself.

Why would you expect anyone to please others at the expense of pleasing themselves ?

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2014, 09:39:49 AM »
Because that is the very definition of generosity, which you keep on claiming to be.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

JESII

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 09:52:29 AM »
Ulrich,

I'd reconsider your personal definition of generosity if you want people to believe you're actually generous.

That this thread has gone to 81 posts is incredible...mind-numbing really!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »
Not my definition. I believe the first guy, who came up with this concept, was called Jesus.

I don't expect anyone to be generous. But if you pump yourself up about what a generous person you are, then expect to be held to your claim :)

Ulrich

JESII

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 10:15:28 AM »
I don't think Jesus felt it was at his expense to be generous to others...

Mike Hendren

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2014, 10:23:35 AM »
I don't think Jesus felt it was at his expense to be generous to others...

In the Gospel of John when Jesus' mother encouraged him to turn the water into wine he responded "my hour has not yet come."  Arguably he took a hit for the team to serve the guests. 

Your comment might be correct but it grossly under-emphasizes his humanity. 

Just for the sake of discussion since this threads needs a serious derailment.

Respectfully,

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »
Jesus sacrificed his life so that the rest of us may be saved.

Whether you're a religious person or not, this surely must count as being at his expense to the benefit of others.

And I don't think the concept of generosity is of any value, if you define it as "being kind to others as long as it isn't any effort for me".

Ulrich
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:36:06 AM by Ulrich Mayring »

Jay Flemma

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »
Just for the sake of discussion since this threads needs a serious derailment.

Respectfully,

Bogey

So, how 'bout that Phish show last night:):)
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »
Jesus sacrificed his life so that the rest of us may be saved.

Whether you're a religious person or not, this surely must count as being at his expense to the benefit of others.

And I don't think the concept of generosity is of any value, if you define it as "being kind to others as long as it isn't any effort for me".

Ulrich

Suicide by cop is generally seen as a selfish act.  Jesus got the best end of the deal, getting to sit at the right hand of God and all.

JESII

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2014, 10:43:08 AM »
Ulrich and Bogey,

Are you suggesting Pat be sacrificed in order to benefit/save of the rest of us?

I'll leave the thread with this, I think Jesus was quite pleased with his actions as opposed to feeling they were at his expense. I think it's a central teaching to encourage charity and generosity from us all.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2014, 12:09:16 PM »
Not my definition. I believe the first guy, who came up with this concept, was called Jesus.

I don't expect anyone to be generous. But if you pump yourself up about what a generous person you are, then expect to be held to your claim :)

I never "pumped" myself up, I merely stated some facts, facts that are in evidence on this site and elsewhere.

And, I have no interest in saving you, that's your responsibiilty.

And, you can start by tucking your shirt in.

mike_malone

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
 It drives me crazy when Pat has a one word thread title but I always open them because he seldom disappoints with his topics. They are invariably thought provoking and golf architecturally focused.

AKA Mayday

John Connolly

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2014, 03:56:49 PM »
I like the way the tee box makes use of the natural terrain. I also like the way the pines camoflauge the housing and do not overcrowd the teeing ground. The cart path is an unfortunate detractor. I'm sorry ... did those comments interrupt something?
"And yet - and yet, this New Road will some day be the Old Road, too."

Neil Munroe (1863-1930)

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2014, 04:14:03 PM »
I'll chime in...I carefully use the OT, and define my threads so if people don't want to read them, I'm trying to help. It's a common courtesy. I'm not going to click on the one word tease anymore.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2014, 04:55:58 PM »
My schedule this month is very hectic, thus, time is becoming more precious.

I thnk I'm going to have to shorten my titles in the interest of efficiency.

Steve Lang

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2014, 05:21:04 PM »
 8) pm, only one more step, careful...
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2014, 05:23:06 PM »

8) pm, only one more step, careful...

Ahhhh, the key to more brevity............. symbols.

Why didn't I think of that ?

I must be a moron !

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
John,

that's not housing behind the trees, but the clubhouse. There are no eye-sores at Royal Hague, paths are very limited and mostly concealed. The reason why we were all smiling is that we didn't have the view the photographer had to endure, untucked shirt and all, but we were looking at this:

That was one noteworthy day on the links. If you get a chance to play there, don't hesitate. You'll never see another course quite like it.

Ulrich

Bill_McBride

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »
It drives me crazy when Pat has a one word thread title but I always open them because he seldom disappoints with his topics. They are invariably thought provoking and golf architecturally focused.

He is The Most Interesting Man in Golf.

Paul Gray

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2014, 07:39:07 PM »

God help you if Pat mentioning pleasuring himself first is your idea of 'most interesting.'  ;D
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Bill_McBride

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »

God help you if Pat mentioning pleasuring himself first is your idea of 'most interesting.'  ;D

You are, I'm sure, familiar with "irony."

Paul Gray

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2014, 07:54:17 PM »

You are, I'm sure, familiar with "irony."

Of course. Didn't doubt you for a minute.  ;D
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back