News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Fleischer

Danzante bay golf club ?
« on: May 16, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »
Has anyone seen/played this new layout in Mexico yet ? Have not been able to find much about it just a few photos here and there .

Greg Tallman

Re: Danzante bay golf club ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »
Has anyone seen/played this new layout in Mexico yet ? Have not been able to find much about it just a few photos here and there .
Brad, saw it mid-way through construction. Pretty sure it's just 12 holes at the moment. Some decent stuff, 17th looks spectacular. Intersting property.

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 11:52:23 PM »
Greg

It looked pretty good from the few photos of preconstruction pics that I could find and from the satellite . I'm wondering why there doesn't seem to be much fanfare ?

Your the cabo expert from what you saw there  where do you think it will stand against the better courses of cabo ? Worth the 5 hour drive ? Typical resort course ? Just curious as I haven't heard much and I respect your opinion.

Brad

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 02:52:22 AM »
I visited in February with Steve Weisser, Rees's associate. I liked it. It won't change the world, and I probably wouldn't want to walk it. But it has a bunch of nice holes, and the seventeenth is epic.

Full write up in current edition of GCA.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 04:44:19 PM »
Greg

It looked pretty good from the few photos of preconstruction pics that I could find and from the satellite . I'm wondering why there doesn't seem to be much fanfare ?

Your the cabo expert from what you saw there  where do you think it will stand against the better courses of cabo ? Worth the 5 hour drive ? Typical resort course ? Just curious as I haven't heard much and I respect your opinion.

Brad

Brad, As noted there are only 12 holes finished. I'd put it mid-pack among Cabo courses. as Adam states the par 3 17th is spectacular. The rest of the course is solid resort golf. The holes yet to be built were last for a reason, tough terrain.

If you were on a 10 day Cabo trip you MIGHT drive up, play an afternoon round, spend the night tghen play again before returning to Cabo. To do that you would have to be one that really seeks out new stuff as there are several in Cabo as good or better. 17 might make it worth the drive though.

It's an easy 5 hour drive apart from the last 20 miles through the mountains. I drove up a while back when I was going to consult with them on their golf operations. For we locals it is a nice weekend escape.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 06:44:38 AM »
Only you Americans would refer to an 'easy 5 hour drive'  :)
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
Only you Americans would refer to an 'easy 5 hour drive'  :)

Well, in Baja there are easy 5 hour rides and hellish short trips that take forever. Good roads are appreciated and noted!!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back