News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Pratt

Doak's course at Forest Dunes
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:25:46 AM »
I played FD yesterday and asked when the second course, designed by Tom Doak, would open and they said 3-4 years. I did see some evidence of clearing and flagging, so I'm wondering why the extended time frame. Tom, could you offer an update? Thanks!

Peter Pratt

Re: Doak's course at Forest Dunes
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:55:08 PM »
Bump, so Tom might see it.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 03:39:47 PM »
If no responses I will see Tom in a couple of weeks and ask him.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
There is unfortunately nothing to report.  The project has been put on hold indefinitely, for reasons that are personal to the owner, as was noted here some months ago.  I'll see him later this summer, and maybe find out something.  All I can say is it's not happening this year, and I'm not sure when or if it will.

Peter Pratt

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »
Thanks, Tom. This is disappointing. Having two first-rate golf courses at FD would be wonderful. And I'd selfishly like to have another Doak course in Michigan.

Steve Lang

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:28:21 AM »
 8)  Peter,

How was the course playing?  

We'll be there in a month...  Yes would be nice to have another TD course nearby our cottage.. oh well, will just have to get by with another summers' play weekly at The Black Forest...  and cringe driving into Traverse City on M72 when going by HighPointe

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:15:52 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

BCowan

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 08:32:03 AM »
Side note,

South Higgins Lake State Park in Rosscommon is one of the most beautiful inland lakes (spring fed) I have seen.  They have an awesome dog beach there, if anyone travels with their dog, be sure to take fido!   :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:36:11 AM by BCowan »

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
Just wrapped up a 5-day, 160-hole Golfa-palooza in Northern Michigan, and culminated with 33 holes at Forest Dunes--lovely facility, thoroughly enjoyed the GC (played the front 3x, the back just once due to circumstances) and was equally impressed with the clubhouse, lodging component, GM, etc. 

Great Spot---I hope they add that 2nd course in due time...would enjoy an encore visit.

Steve Lang

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 09:15:11 PM »
 8)  Ben,

this is the most beautiful lake, view looking south on Blue Lake...

but then I'm biased, during July & August...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:18:26 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Jason Topp

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »
8)  Peter,

How was the course playing?  

We'll be there in a month...  Yes would be nice to have another TD course nearby our cottage.. oh well, will just have to get by with another summers' play weekly at The Black Forest...  and cringe driving into Traverse City on M72 when going by HighPointe

Steve - it played great.  Unfortunately I did not get to play the back nine but I did a quick tour on a cart before heading for the airport. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back