News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

Re: 2015 King's Putter venue suggestions?
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »
Great golf, great food, great lodging alternatives for every budget, reasonable airfares and above all great weather.
Golfing heaven to me.

A KP during the summer time would also mean half empty golf courses for as many emergency nines as you could possible want to play!!!!
Pretty sures most venues in Cabo would allow replay at very nominal fees n'est pas?

You could build it around the weather guaranteed package we offer with the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar for less than $1000 per person. the package includes unlimited golf here at CDS and we could make side trips to the other desirable facilities.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
Perfect, I am in... ;D

Greg Tallman

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2014, 01:26:39 PM »
Perfect, I am in... ;D

Looks like you and I are it. 2nd place all locked up, I like it.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »
Great golf, great food, great lodging alternatives for every budget, reasonable airfares and above all great weather.
Golfing heaven to me.

A KP during the summer time would also mean half empty golf courses for as many emergency nines as you could possible want to play!!!!
Pretty sures most venues in Cabo would allow replay at very nominal fees n'est pas?

You could build it around the weather guaranteed package we offer with the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar for less than $1000 per person. the package includes unlimited golf here at CDS and we could make side trips to the other desirable facilities.

My understanding is that part of the motivation for KP was to include site members that didn't have the dosh to play some of the big time courses. E.g., my first KP I stayed two nights at a Motel 6, and played four rounds of golf for under $50 each. So perhaps if you get your offer to under $300 per person with four rounds and two nights, I might consider it. ;)

That said, the KP at SLO failed to attract much of a crowd, reportedly because the golf venues were too common.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
GJ.I understand,  just giving everybody a hard time and giving my  plug to a market that needs help at the moment and is very deserved of mentioning.

astavrides

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2014, 02:58:12 PM »

That said, the KP at SLO failed to attract much of a crowd, reportedly because the golf venues were too common.

[/quote]

Not arguing for any specific plan, but just mentioning that it was a bigger crowd than the Tahoe KP, which had better courses. Perhaps because of the central (to CA) location of the central coast.

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2014, 03:41:48 PM »
Golfing heaven to me.

I will second that and would certainly try to attend a KP at Cabo.

The place is absolutely gorgeous, the food to die for, and the quality of the golf speaks for itself.

I noticed that air fares have really taken a dip of late, some real bargains to be had and a trip like this could probably come in cheaper or comparable to anything else in the west. 

If safety is an issue, don't believe what you hear on the media.  Everytime I bring up Mexico to friends, you get the typical response about shootings, drug cartels, and armed guerillas.  People really buy into this silliness.  I have been to Mexico over 20 times, never had an incident.  Of course there is crime . If you are looking for trouble, you can certainly find it, and if you are flashing your money and wearing expensive jewelry, well that is not too smart wherever you go.    What is going on in Chicago and the other big cities?.    How many days do we hear about 5-10 shootings a day in some of these urban centers?.    I would worry about my safety a whole lot more in Sacremento, or LA, or even Vancouver, then I would in Mexicio.

Good luck with the KP!  You guys could do no better than considering Cabo!

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »
Amen Eric.
NEVER ever been concerned with safety, eat in the town every time I go, never a hint of trouble.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2014, 05:54:34 PM »
The reason I vacation in Nebraska is that everything that gets shot gets eaten.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »
The reason I vacation in Nebraska is that everything that gets shot gets eaten.

Then you'd love a vacation in the South, where everything that gets shot or run over gets eaten.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »
Perfect, I am in... ;D

Looks like you and I are it. 2nd place all locked up, I like it.

I might be interested, if a KP doesn't materialize in California and I have a clear schedule.  The last hot venue we had was Palm Springs at the beginning of a June. Lows were in the 100s and 36 a day proved to much, even with stellar venues.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2015, 03:57:25 PM »
R.I.P.?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2015, 04:02:41 PM »
R.I.P.?

How about a King's putter at Reserve Vineyards and Pumpkin Ridge?
You're in charge. ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2015, 04:32:37 PM »
Please don't put Garland in my group - and we certainly cannot endure a roommate situation. Sadly, my involuntary streak of blue has recently been diagnosed as Tequila Tourettes, a rare and incurable condition guaranteed to scorch the ears of such a delicate flower.  ;)

I still want Barny's ass mano-a-mano - and whoever gets closed out has to finish the round naked.  ;D 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back