News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill McKinley

Re: 5th Annual Midwest Mashie (Oct. 4-5th) Canterbury GC! - THE FINAL PUSH!!!
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
Here's what i have for the handicaps for everyone based off what you all gave and from doing some work on ghin.com and GAM.

Thurman - 9.2
Fry - ??
Finn - 4.8
Cowan - 8.0
Taylor - 4.0
Sturges - 3.9
Steele - 16.1
Allen - ??
Fuente - 1.8

McKinley - 0.0
Hoover - 2.7
Royer - 4.6
Jackson - 5.7
Mosley - 6.4
Freeman - 8.4
Crowe - 12.5
Marzec - 12.9
Arbuthnot - 17.9
Titschinger - 20.2

Let me know if any of these seem wrong and need to be adjusted.

Thanks!
Bill
2016 Highlights:  Streamsong Blue (3/17); Streamsong Red (3/17); Charles River Club (5/16); The Country Club - Brookline (5/17); Myopia Hunt Club (5/17); Fishers Island Club (5/18); Aronomink GC (10/16); Pine Valley GC (10/17); Somerset Hills CC (10/18)

Billsteele

« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
My situation has changed slightly. I am legal counsel for a local teachers union that is currently on strike. The union has been ordered by a local court to participate in mediation to resolve the dispute. This may go into Saturday. As such, I am probably only going to play Sunday. I will let you know if that changes.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »
Before we begin this evening's festivities, we have a trade to announce.

The East Team has acquired Mr. Jackson from the West team for cash considerations and a 2017 first-round pick. With news that Bill Steele will only be able to play on Sunday, we feel that this trade will allow us to reap the benefits of having two single-day mercenaries on our team.

With that said, I think it's time to begin selecting the pairings for Saturday. Bill, you are on the clock...
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Bill McKinley

« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2014, 08:05:07 PM »
Sounds good!! I approve the trade and I think it works well for our squad. I'm sorry to see Mark Jackson go, but if wish him the best and I'm sure he understands that this is just all part of the business. I have no doubt he will handle this with the same class and professionalism that has made him such an exemplary member of the West Team.

Now on to the match selections...

My first fourball pairing is the Columbus connection of Brian Hoover & Michael Marzec
2016 Highlights:  Streamsong Blue (3/17); Streamsong Red (3/17); Charles River Club (5/16); The Country Club - Brookline (5/17); Myopia Hunt Club (5/17); Fishers Island Club (5/18); Aronomink GC (10/16); Pine Valley GC (10/17); Somerset Hills CC (10/18)

Jason Thurman

« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2014, 08:08:15 PM »
What better way to add to the greatest rivalry in all of college American sports than to have the Columbus guys take on a pair of Michiganders. Nevermind the fact that one of them attended OSU himself.

Hoover and Marzec will take on Ben Cowan and Ryan Taylor.

For match 2, the East team will send out a pair of fine Ohioans and East team veterans: Chris Sturges and Brian Finn.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Bill McKinley

« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »
Well thought out Thurmdeisel. I will put up the always reliable team of David Royer & Devin "north of the border" Crowe vs. Sturges & Finn

In some circles I've heard the Royer/Crowe team referred to as GCA's version of Speith/Reed.

Next up for the west team will be Bill McKinley & Mr. Midwest Mashie himself, George Freeman

Michael Marzec

« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2014, 08:16:16 PM »
Sounds good!! I approve the trade and I think it works well for our squad. I'm sorry to see Mark Jackson go, but if wish him the best and I'm sure he understands that this is just all part of the business. I have no doubt he will handle this with the same class and professionalism that has made him such an exemplary member of the West Team.

Now on to the match selections...

My first fourball pairing is the Columbus connection of Brian Hoover & Michael Marzec

Love my pairing and our opponents! But for the record, we are the Northeast Ohio Connection. Hoover may live in Columbus, but he is a NEO boy at heart! But always happy to beat on boys form Meeechigan.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. And furthermore, always carry a small snake." - W.C. Fields

Jason Thurman

« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2014, 08:20:17 PM »
The Pro and the Godfather of the Mashie. You don't get much more experience in one grouping than that. The East team will counter with a pair of rookies who have poise beyond their Mashie years. Consider them golf's version of Russell Wilson, and as I browse to ESPN.com and see this headline, I can't help but think they're likely to administer a beatdown as well... Allen and Fuente.

For match four, the East will send out Captain Thurm and Ken Fry.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:25:22 PM by Jason Thurman »

Bill McKinley

« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2014, 08:29:08 PM »
This is all just locking into place!! Like a well orchestrated symphony. I will send out the team of Erik Mosley & Criss Titschinger to do battle against Thurman & Fry.

That will leave the honorable Russ Arbuthnot to swing freely!!

Jason Thurman

« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
Arbuthnot is ArbuthNOT gonna win against Mark Jackson!

That's day one queued up and ready for history to be written. East teamers, remember to bring your parkas, wool socks, and mittens. If you're wearing spikeless shoes, consider driving some nails into them for traction in the ice and wind and rain.

Thanks to Captain McKinley for meeting up online for this sideshow. For those interested in getting together tomorrow night, I'm leaning toward Ohio City around 8:15-ish to give everyone sneaking in some early golf plenty of time to finish and get cleaned up. Give me a heads-up if you're interested and I'll see if I can get a reservation somewhere.

Looking forward to it. Safe travels everyone.

Erik Mosley

« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2014, 08:37:48 PM »
Excellent - Criss and I will take down the captain and with him will go the ship!  Can't wait for Saturday...

BHoover

« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »
If the weather is not a total washout on Friday,  I believe we have two openings at Kirtland around 1:30 in the afternoon. If interested, please let me know. I'll be driving up from Columbus regardless of weather. I took the day off work and my wife is allowing me out of tge house so I need to take advantage of it!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:42:54 PM by Brian Hoover »

Bill McKinley

« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
There it is folks!! We'll have everything worked up and ready for when you guys arrive on Saturday. In the meantime we are going to put up the dome over the property to make sure CGC stays as firm and fast as it is right now.

I wish I could join you all Friday night but alas I will be at the homestead with the wife and kids. And also pouring over data and strategy for the weekend.

GO WEST!!

Michael Marzec

« Reply #188 on: October 02, 2014, 08:42:03 PM »
If the weather is not a total washout on Friday,  I believe we have at least one opening at Kirtland around 1:30 in the afternoon. If interested, please let me know. I'll be driving up from Columbus regardless of weather.

Argh! Wish I could play. I have a business lunch I can't get avoid so can't get there in time. Enjoy!
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. And furthermore, always carry a small snake." - W.C. Fields

BHoover

« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »
If the weather is not a total washout on Friday,  I believe we have at least one opening at Kirtland around 1:30 in the afternoon. If interested, please let me know. I'll be driving up from Columbus regardless of weather.

Argh! Wish I could play. I have a business lunch I can't get avoid so can't get there in time. Enjoy!

If things change just let me know!

Brian Finn

« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:51 PM »
Wow...squaring off against a member of my home club (D. Royer)...the Mashie's own 'brother against brother.'  It's a good thing I'll have Sturges on my side!  Looking forward to a great event.

New for 2023:  Cheraw SP, Grandfather, Clyne, Tenby, Pennard, Langland Bay, Southerndown, Pyle & Kenfig, Royal Porthcawl, Ashburnham, Rolls of Monmouth, Old Barnwell...

BHoover

« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »
Wow...squaring off against a member of my home club (D. Royer)...the Mashie's own 'brother against brother.'  It's a good thing I'll have Sturges on my side!  Looking forward to a great event.

It's just like when Kirk had to fight Spock on Star Trek. Best friends forced to do battle!

Bill McKinley

« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »

Only at The Mashie!!

Brian Finn

« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2014, 08:53:16 PM »

It's just like when Kirk had to fight Spock on Star Trek. Best friends forced to do battle!

C'mon Hoover...I expected a famous Civil War battle reference from you, not some Star Trek crap.  Figures, since you are a Westie.  

#beastsoftheeast #midwestmassacre
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:55:21 PM by Brian Finn »
New for 2023:  Cheraw SP, Grandfather, Clyne, Tenby, Pennard, Langland Bay, Southerndown, Pyle & Kenfig, Royal Porthcawl, Ashburnham, Rolls of Monmouth, Old Barnwell...

BHoover

« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2014, 08:55:35 PM »

C'mon Hoover...I expected a famous Civil War battle reference from you, not some Star Trek crap.  Figures, since you are a Westie. 

It's a movie reference...Cable Guy!

Brian Finn

« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »
Considering the forecast...could some of you Cincinnati and Dayton guys bring a couple of hovercrafts up from Windy Knoll?

EDIT:  SERIOUS QUESTION...do we need a jacket for dinner at Canterbury?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:05:08 PM by Brian Finn »

Bill McKinley

« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2014, 01:28:45 PM »
Considering the forecast...could some of you Cincinnati and Dayton guys bring a couple of hovercrafts up from Windy Knoll?

EDIT:  SERIOUS QUESTION...do we need a jacket for dinner at Canterbury?

Good question Brian, Sorry I didn't see it last night.  No a jacket is NOT required for dinner tomorrow night.  I'm sure some guys will have one, but all that we ask is a change of shoes/clothes from what you wear that day on the course.

See you all tomorrow!!

George Freeman

« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2014, 03:01:02 PM »
Day 1 matches added to the first post on page 1
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Michael Marzec

« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »

If things change just let me know!

Brian:

I was really bummed to miss out, but as I watch it rain buckets outside my office window, I'm getting an attitude adjustment. I am hoping that by some fluke the heavy stuff missed you guys.

BHoover

« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:43:06 AM by Brian Hoover »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back