News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Trey Kemp

Great New Site for High Resolution Aerials
« on: January 14, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
Someone may have mentioned this site before, but nearmap.com has some great quality Aerial Photography that is very up to date.  I just looked  at an aerial from November of a current job we have under construction and the new Coore & Crenshaw course being built in Dallas, pretty cool.  Anyway I just thought I would pass along the website if anyone is interested.  I believe they have aerial images available in the United States and Australia.  Here is a sample image of Chicago Golf Club from late October.

twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

Scott Weersing

Re: Great New Site for High Resolution Aerials
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 01:26:42 PM »

When do you think Trinity Forest start growing grass?

I would think it would open in 2016.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »
Cool — I just found the first overhead picture of San Jose Country Club's recent bunker work.

Before:

After:

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »
Is this supposed to be a higher resolution alternative to Google Maps? For my home course, it appears to be the same exact aerial and the same quality?
H.P.S.

Trey Kemp

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 02:56:47 PM »
I think they have only flown several of the major metropolitan areas in the United States, but it appears they are adding more areas every day.  It looks like parts of Los Angeles, Galveston and Sarasota have been updated this week.
twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

PCCraig

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 02:57:15 PM »
Just a quick note, the yardage measurement as well as the elevation feature on this website is fantastic.
H.P.S.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 05:23:57 PM »
Note what is right up front on their web page:

nearmap delivers high-resolution aerial imagery direct to your device, within days of capture. The advantage is clear. It's what sets us apart from our competitors, and it will do the same for you.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Blake Conant

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 12:20:58 AM »
This is pretty awesome.  Thanks.  There's imagery updated as recently as December 8th.  That's insane.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »
Thanks Blake!  Finally we can see aerials of the restoration work at Philly Cricket!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 08:52:16 AM »
Does anybody know of satellite photos of GB&I being taken other than those that feed Google Earth or Bing?

Thanks,
Ally

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 02:09:04 PM »
Nearmap provides a great image, there's no doubt. One part of their service I value is the ability to view many images of the same site, captured repeatedly over many years.  They have been in Australia for several years now, and their business model had evolved.

My advice is to capture whatever images you desire, and save them now!

In Australia, and I assume the rest of the world will be no different, initial use was free and unlimited. The service then became inordinately expensive, and then changed to one which, for private use, costs several hundred dollars per annum, for capped use.

MM
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back