News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

M. Shea Sweeney

Morris County Golf Club
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »
I played Morris County recently and have to think this is a really cool Raynor course. I thought the templates to be very interesting/unique--great movement in the land.

For those of you in the know--where do you put this on your Raynor list?

Thanks,

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Morris County Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 02:18:05 AM »
MSS,

I'm very fond of the course.

It has different personalities, first 5 holes are short and very sporty, then it's personality changes to a very challenging test.

Love playing it, I only wish it had a good range.

Mike Policano

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 09:11:13 AM »
I like Morris County. The course is full of quirk, charm and challenge. Fun to play with steel or hickories. There is a lot of movement in the land, especially on the front nine.

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »
Does anyone have additional information on this club? Course tour, photos, etc. How much Raynor is left?

Waze took me on a detour this evening and I drove down Punch Bowl Rd unexpectedly to get to Parsippany. The little I was able to see looked intriguing ~ non-irrigated native rough and rolling fairways.
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Bill Brightly

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 09:23:08 PM »
I like the course a lot. A tad short by "modern standards" but really fun to play. But you have to look hard to see the Raynor.

Bill Raffo

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »
Great front nine, lots of quirk.  One of those holes has that tremendous speed slot that you don't see coming until you crest the hill.  There's a story about how the course came together in it's current configuration.  I want to say the current back nine was once the ladies nine because they weren't allowed on the men's course and then they sold that, built the front nine and let everyone play it...something like that.  Charmng clubhouse, as well. 

Tim Martin

Re: Morris County Golf Club New
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 06:27:45 AM »
The course has a nice mix of holes and some very good green complexes. That said there is still a fair amount of tree clearing required as the property is loaded with stately hardwoods. Some of the Raynor features are definitely gone and if I had to pick I would give the edge to Essex County CC just to the north. Morris County is a great members course and one you can play every day.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 04:11:59 PM by Tim Martin »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back