News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Bacsanyi

Re: The overrated, underrated, or properly rated game
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
I'd say wind is underrated if it's the 1-3 club variety.  If it's blowing a steady 30+ mph it's overrated.  

Half Par Holes

Properly rated - half under par holes are overrated because everyone likes a birdie.  half over par holes are underrated for the opposite reason.  Hence the properly rated.

Chicago as a golf town.

Underrated. It is one of my favorite cities in the world for golf, however, many people over look its greatness.

The Old Course

I already played earlier so I'll just disagree with Chicago being underrated.  It's probably underrated if you are an out-of-towner or club member with connections to get on many of the private clubs, but for the average Joe Schmoe, the public options are woeful values and the schlep through traffic to get out there is downright depressing.  I played Jackson Park on the reg just because living in the city it's the only place you could get to in less than 45 minutes.  Sure, if you've never been and can GV it on in on a weekend and whip it around Butler, Chicago, Shoreacres, etc, it's a dream.  That being said, Harborside is a decent track and Pine Meadow up in Mundelein is pretty solid for the 99%ers. 
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

Sean_A

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 02:46:14 AM »
I'd say wind is underrated if it's the 1-3 club variety.  If it's blowing a steady 30+ mph it's overrated.  

Half Par Holes

Properly rated - half under par holes are overrated because everyone likes a birdie.  half over par holes are underrated for the opposite reason.  Hence the properly rated.

Chicago as a golf town.

Underrated. It is one of my favorite cities in the world for golf, however, many people over look its greatness.

The Old Course

TOC?  I think its over-rated, under-rated and just about right rated - is there any other way to look at it?

Great Courses

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 03:34:42 AM »
The halfway hut/Cart/any food served during golf.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 03:49:39 AM »
The halfway hut/Cart/any food served during golf.

Underrated. Not enough places have them and it doesn't cost much to make the day a more enjoyable experience.

This from a man who also champions on here cooked club breakfasts and a 3 course lunch. ;D
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back