News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: Post BUDA @ Burnham 14 Sept 2014 (Updated)
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2014, 02:32:47 AM »
Thanks for setting the day up Sean.
I skipped the extra nine with the larger group, because I went back for 36 on the Channel the next day. Also, my swing was awry the first day, and I fixed it the second.
How many birdies did the group record on the ninth?
I managed one in four tries. Did you low cappers have as high a percent? ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Thomas Dai

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2014, 05:04:54 AM »
A birdie on the 9th Garland. Well done! As to birdies by others, not as many as bogies unfortunately :)

The B&B club website has some wonderful photos of all the holes on the Channel Course, which for those unfamiliar with it, is only 9-holes but has two tees for each hole and thus combines to a total of 5,819 yds, par-70. Unfortunately some current web glitch means only the 1st hole is watchable on the B&B club website just now. Shame.

Below is a photo of the lovely/wonderful/evil/beastly short 'postage stamp' like par-3 8th hole acquired from the net.

Par-3 117/150 yd 8th-17th hole - this hole doesn't have any bunkers, it just doesn't need them. In fact the whole Channel Course only has 2 or 3 bunkers in total.

Here's a Bing sat-map - http://binged.it/Zr3n7l - the Channel Course is to the left in the sat-map. The 1st tee and last green of the Channel Course are not near the Clubhouse. Instead they are both near to the end of the driving range out towards the seashore. The first four flatter holes go north alongside the coast and the rushes, one flatter hole then turns back whilst the final four holes return southwards mostly in the larger duneland. Are the greens are small.

Anyone have any photos of the Channel Course they could post? Needs a separate thread really.

atb

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 05:11:01 AM »
Sean,

Thanks for organizing this outing.  The course was wonderful for the most part with some brilliant and bold greens.  It was quite fun to play while also being challenging. A SSS of 72 for a par of 71 from the yellow tees speaks to the challenge.

The Channel course was fun too with Thomas guiding.  We had some fun with 80 yard bump and runs, and even putts from that distance. 

A picture of 5 happy and natty golfers on the aforesaid 9th green in the gloaming.

Could we identify these rogues, please?

Sean_A

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 05:33:52 AM »
Sean,

Thanks for organizing this outing.  The course was wonderful for the most part with some brilliant and bold greens.  It was quite fun to play while also being challenging. A SSS of 72 for a par of 71 from the yellow tees speaks to the challenge.

The Channel course was fun too with Thomas guiding.  We had some fun with 80 yard bump and runs, and even putts from that distance. 

A picture of 5 happy and natty golfers on the aforesaid 9th green in the gloaming.

Could we identify these rogues, please?

Ally

From left to right: Whitty, Craig Disher, Thomas Dai (its time to change your name since you know who is dead!), Sweet Lou, Lynn

While short, the Channel doesn't give up birdies easily.  The course really isn't wide enough and with any wind its arguably tougher than the Champ Course. Bottom line, for the most part, if one plays safe a better score will be had. 

Bryan

Yes, Burnham is all that I can handle and then some.  I play most of my competitive rounds in the winter when the true measure of a golfer is determined.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back