News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Lake Merced greens look wonderful
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:14:25 PM »
They look firm, quick, and well contoured
AKA Mayday

Bill_McBride

Re: Lake Merced greens look wonderful
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »
Are you in SF?

mike_malone

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:36:08 AM »
No but the LPGA is
AKA Mayday

Kyle Casella

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »
I haven't been out there in a few years but used to play there a lot. The green were always very good except when they had a nematode problem.

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
A number of the greens at Lake Merced do have a fair amount of slope, certainly more slope than contour. Like a lot of SF Bay Area courses, Lake Merced switched to bent grass greens a number of years ago. But it looks like the poa is creeping back in.

Greg Chambers

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »
Amazing what can be achieved when one turns the water off.
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

Wayne Freeman

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »
I was watching most of the afternoon today, Friday.. it looked like the girls were having all kinds of problems with the greens.. almost
 no one made any putts.  Probably the poa creep kept a lot of the putts from staying on line as they lost speed. 

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
I only played there once a number of years ago, but it was this same time of year.  Then, it played rather soft.   Yet, the bones of the original course were still observable under the various remodelling that took place over many decades.  The club had a very good array of old photos that showed the early design appearance. 

I had to laugh that there is apparently the same telephone pole behind 11, that looks like it is going to topple over.   ::)

It would be a very nice course to walk/play regularly as a member.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back