News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Nixon

Recommendations for courses in Göteborg, Sweden?
« on: April 29, 2014, 05:58:43 AM »
I'm posting this for a friend, who posted this on a different forum. I thought this group might be able to help out:

"This might be a low-percentage shot here... Anyway: My wife has a course in Goteborg in late May, and there is no program on that on the afternoons and evenings. I'm going with her for a short semi-vacation (full vacation for me!), and need something to do for the mornings. So, I'm taking my clubs. We are staying at the city center, and we don't have a car. Any recommendations for courses, preferably a short taxi cab or accessible by the city transport?"

Many thanks.

Adam Lawrence

Re: Recommendations for courses in Göteborg, Sweden?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
Goteborgs Golfklubb, the oldest club in Sweden, is not that far out and an interesting place to visit. I wouldn't say it was great golf, but it is quirky and there are some good holes. A little further from town, at Kungsbacka, is Vallda, a well regarded newish Hawtree design. You might also try the Hills club, designed by Steve Forrest and opened about eight years ago. I wasn't a huge fan, to be fair - un walkable and a few silly features. Forrest did better work at Vasatorps further down the coast imo.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

John Nixon

Re: Recommendations for courses in Göteborg, Sweden?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 09:33:29 AM »
Thanks Adam.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back