News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Brambles - Napa
« on: April 06, 2014, 07:54:11 PM »
I heard about this project today and because they have a website, I assume it can be discussed publicly.

Interesting concept - create something like St. Andrews with a private club getting the best times and the public having access at other times.

Interesting location - near Napa

Coore & Crenshaw

Location looks nice and the idea of a wine tour and golf outing sounds pretty good.

This might actually be a decent business model.  It will be interesting to see if it gets off the ground and has success.

http://www.bramblesgolf.com/

David_Tepper

Re: Brambles - Napa
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »
Jason -

I am pretty sure there was mention of the Brambles project here a year or so ago.

While the website is nicely done and the concept is interesting, I don't think any progress has actually been made in terms of securing backing/financing to move the project forward.

If anyone has more current information, please let us know.

DT

Here is the thread from last summer that mentions Brambles:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,56423.0.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:28:39 PM by David_Tepper »

Tim Leahy

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:25:41 PM »
Haven't heard anything locally about this. Langtry must be doing ok if they are building another nearby. Napa already has a couple of upscale publics with Chardonay and Eagle Vines.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tom Ferrell

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »
This project is being driven by C&C associate James Duncan, who is working with the inimitable Tom Dunne to create a St. Andrews-style experience on a nice piece of Napa property.  The idea is a demographically diverse club bound together by the spirit of the game.  They have options on the land and are seeking charter members in order to reach the financial "go" point.

James is very excited about the project, and the vision is indeed very cool. 

Here's a link to the contact page - I know they would love to hear from all interested parties.  http://www.bramblesgolf.com/#!team/c786

Kyle Casella

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 03:44:11 PM »
I actually think a hybrid model is the best way to go in the valley so I really like this idea. Silverado has that and it works well for both members and resort guests (albeit with a big resort / real estate component). If it is in Middletown, that might be a bit far to attract a lot of the valley money. Not such a bad trek for St. Helena folks but if you are in Yountville or south of that it is an hour drive.

Jordan Standefer

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »
Interesting concept - create something like St. Andrews with a private club getting the best times and the public having access at other times.

Similar to Pasatiempo?  I believe the morning tee times (up to 9am or 10am) are blocked off for members.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:46:48 PM by Jordan Standefer »

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 06:59:05 PM »
Is there any truth that they shaped a couple of holes to show potential investors and members?

Tom Bacsanyi

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 10:06:12 PM »
Bumping this thread, looks like they got boots on the ground, and dirt is being pushed around.
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

David_Tepper

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 02:17:44 AM »
Great to see this getting there at last.

I know the “St.Andrews Experience” hook might work to generate local interest. But it’s not really, is it?

Like the article hints elsewhere, the model seems to be much more like a typical British private club, based on atmosphere for the members whilst allowing easy visitor play for all. This has to be a huge plus.

Mind you, couldn’t see a British club naming their house the “The Milking Parlour”.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 10:25:41 AM »
This is only a few miles north of our Maha project.  Both sides are hoping for some synergies . . . Brambles does not include lodging [and there aren't many good options around Middletown].  The two properties could not be more different in terms of terrain.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back