News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Ginger or Mary Ann?
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2023, 11:20:43 AM »
Interesting thread

I read an article years ago that posited with a tinge of irony the actresses were the opposite in real life. Dawn Wells who played Mary Ann was allegedly difficult to deal with constant drama.  And to Jeff's point, she certainly didn't lack on looks as she was Miss Nevada and appeared in the Miss America pageant.

OK.
Thanks for ruining my day......err.....month

Sorry my bad.  ;D

P.S.  I was a bit young when Gilligan's Island was in its heyday, but in retrospect the character for Mary Ann was certainly the best overall package in terms of being a keeper! Although a few wild weekends with Ginger wouldn't hurt nothing either.   ;)

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2023, 11:32:44 AM »
Be honest when it comes to GCA are we not all generally more interested in Mrs Howell

Big Money
Older time tested
Top of the line predigree
Probably the least well known of the characters
Best neighborhood
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2023, 11:47:04 AM »
Be honest when it comes to GCA are we not all generally more interested in Mrs Howell

Big Money
Older time tested
Top of the line predigree
Probably the least well known of the characters
Best neighborhood

She's definitely getting us on NGLA.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

jeffwarne

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2023, 12:02:25 PM »
Interesting thread

I read an article years ago that posited with a tinge of irony the actresses were the opposite in real life. Dawn Wells who played Mary Ann was allegedly difficult to deal with constant drama.  And to Jeff's point, she certainly didn't lack on looks as she was Miss Nevada and appeared in the Miss America pageant.

OK.
Thanks for ruining my day......err.....month

Sorry my bad.  ;D

P.S.  I was a bit young when Gilligan's Island was in its heyday, but in retrospect the character for Mary Ann was certainly the best overall package in terms of being a keeper! Although a few wild weekends with Ginger wouldn't hurt nothing either.   ;)

I suspect Mary Anne(the character) was the closet wild one, especially after a professor engineered or Gilligan poured Mai tais.

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back