News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dane Hawker

Re: My Nikon Coolpix is Dead! Last Photos it took for your enjoyment ....
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 04:51:39 AM »
Check out the new Canon PowerShot G7 X. Looks like it may be the new king of the little cameras.

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 08:44:33 AM »
"can it bang around in my ball pocket, then allow me to reach in, grab it, point and shoot, take a quick picture, drop it back in the pocket and then set down my bag, appraise the situation re: distance to hole, wind, elevation up or down, seasonal temperature in relation to expected distance of ball flight and then grab an appropriate club and swing away."

Maybe taking the picture after hitting your shot is a better plan. There is plenty of time to take photos without interfering with your pre-shot routine.

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 09:14:10 AM »
 "Problem is people moving ahead as soon as you hit, potentially ruining your shot."

People move around all the time. Standing at ones ball while others are hitting leaves plenty of time to take shots. Teeing off first and then taking images in between your playing partners' shots works as well. The point being, managing time leaves plenty of opportunities for picture taking. That is the long way of saying that it doesn't have to be as rushed as Malcolm thinks it is.

As for renting cameras, there are options.

http://www.borrowlenses.com/category/canon_bodies

http://www.borrowlenses.com/category/Sony/53

However, pint and shoot bodies make up a small portion of the inventory and you are likely to get older models instead of the latest and greatest.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:18:41 AM by Jeff Taylor »

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »
Have to say it kills my buzz taking photos whilst I'm playing....

Am trying to reduce it to a few photos per course of particularly interesting features. It is too easy to fall in to that mindless "shot from tee / shot from 150 yards" routine.

Last time I did it was in Boston and Yale and I wish I'd concentrated fully on the company.

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »
All good points Brian and Ally. One has to make sure that they don't kill their own buzz as well as their playing partners.
It can be done.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back