News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Re: Britain's 100 Best Under 100 Pounds
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 11:29:42 AM »
Steve with Americans queuing up to pay £180 to play Castle Stuart it's no wonder Royal Dornoch have raised their fees.
Cave Nil Vino

jeffwarne

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »
Steve with Americans queuing up to pay £180 to play Castle Stuart it's no wonder Royal Dornoch have raised their fees.

Do the nonAmericans not have to wait in the que?
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Thomas Dai

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 12:20:59 PM »
Thomas
Not sure of the travel times exactly but Boat of Garten to Brora is likely to be a couple of hours ? Likewise Silloth to Southerness, even with the new bypass round Carlisle, that's a couple of hours. Better combo's in that they don't involve as much travel would be;
Silloth & Carlisle or Seascale
Southerness & Powfoot
Boat of Garten & Granton-on-Spey/Kingussie/Spey Valley (any of the 3) with the nine holer at Nethy Bridge thrown in.
Niall

Niall,

That's cheating!!!

Carlisle, Powfoot, Granton, Kingussie, Spey Valley and Nethy Bridge arn't on the list. Perhaps they should be though. I don't dispute the timings but you drive not far from BoG going to/from Brora Golspie when using the A9 hence the linkage and I've done Silloth-Southerness although it's a bit of a pain.

Now if cheating is gonna be allowed, then just a couple of expanded examples could be -

Brora-Golspie-Portmahomack-Bonar Bridge-Tain-Fortrose (plus maybe Invergordon, Alness etc)
or
Pennard-Clyne-Machynys(?)-Ashburnham-Carmarthen-Tenby

ATB

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »
Jeff I maybe stereotyping but I'm not convinced CS, Kingsbarns and Trump are full to the gunnels with Brits paying full whack.
Cave Nil Vino

jeffwarne

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2013, 12:51:30 AM »
Jeff I maybe stereotyping but I'm not convinced CS, Kingsbarns and Trump are full to the gunnels with Brits paying full whack.

But Mark,
The asshole traps have their place ;), regardless of what Nationality they attract.
keeps the gems uncrowded
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »
Seeing Duncan's name, why isn't Reddish Vale on the list of under £50 courses?

Thomas Dai

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 12:53:14 PM »
But Mark, The asshole traps have their place ;), regardless of what Nationality they attract.
keeps the gems uncrowded
....and at the same time keeps $£$£ flowing into the UK economy from overseas.
ATB

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back