News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Burnes

Golf Channel is doing a complete week on this during morning drive:

http://www.golfchannel.com/

Powell Arms

Re: DVR alert: Architect week, next week on Golf Channel (12/2-12/6)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:37:48 PM »
Looks like a great lineup during the week. Nicklaus, Doak, Urbina, Weed, Coore, Rees Jones, Norman and probably someone else I am forgetting.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say and how the discussion is handled by the hosts. This morning the hosts went through some of the questions they might have in general. Thought Paige Mackenzie's question was interesting - what is the one thing the is common in your designs and would separate it from others' work?  Interesting to see how an individual's answer will compare to my impressions.

PowellArms@gmail.com
@PWArms

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
Looks like a great lineup during the week. Nicklaus, Doak, Urbina, Weed, Coore, Rees Jones, Norman and probably someone else I am forgetting.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say and how the discussion is handled by the hosts. This morning the hosts went through some of the questions they might have in general. Thought Paige Mackenzie's question was interesting - what is the one thing the is common in your designs and would separate it from others' work?  Interesting to see how an individual's answer will compare to my impressions.

Well, I won't get to answer Paige Mackenzie's question, since I was down in Orlando Friday to tape my interview, and she didn't ask that.  (Matt Ginella actually did the interview with me.)

15 minutes is a long time for TV to devote to architecture, and I give them credit for that ... but it is barely enough time to scratch the surface on any meaningful discussion.  I will have to hope that it's the start of a much longer conversation.

I look forward to hearing what people get out of the various interviews, but I'd be surprised if any of you get anything much from mine, because you all have had more than 15 minutes of my time.  ;)

Powell Arms

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »
Tom, is that a literal or proverbial 15 minutes?  

Much like the PBS special on golf architecture, I imagine there isn't the time to go in depth. Actually, tv doesn't go in depth for (m)any subjects.
PowellArms@gmail.com
@PWArms

John McCarthy

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 06:44:29 PM »
So Tom, what did they ask you?  Your influences?  Current projects?  Favorite Cheap Trick album?
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Terry Lavin

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »
A reason to watch the often unwatchable.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:46:40 PM »
Tom, is that a literal or proverbial 15 minutes?

Both.  I guess there is a hint of truth to proverbs.  Two segments, total of 15 minutes of air time.  Not sure if equal time for each of us is part of the deal or not.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back