News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Disher

Re: Royal New Kent, Stonehouse, or somewhere else?
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 12:53:47 PM »
Scott,
Sorry, I didn't mean that RNK requires carts. It can be walked which I did but thought the distances between some holes were ridiculous. Four or five of them have to be over a 1/4 mile. I don't mind a strenuous trek up and down hills but I do dislike meandering through the woods between holes for 5-10 minutes.

CJ Carder

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 12:17:15 PM »
Scott,
Sorry, I didn't mean that RNK requires carts. It can be walked which I did but thought the distances between some holes were ridiculous. Four or five of them have to be over a 1/4 mile. I don't mind a strenuous trek up and down hills but I do dislike meandering through the woods between holes for 5-10 minutes.

Craig,

I'd be interested in what holes those were as the only "distances" between holes that I can remember were 2-3, 9-10, maybe 12-13, and 16-17.  My guess is you're talking about Stonehouse, which has significant hikes from 1-2, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11, 14-15, and 15-16.

Craig Disher

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »
CJ,
I have not played Stonehouse. At RNK, in addition to the ones you mentioned, 5-6 and 8-9 are also long hikes. With those distances I found it impossible to keep up with my playing partners who were riding - hence my comment about the necessity of a cart.

Mike Hamilton

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2013, 05:18:18 PM »
Having played with Craig once or twice I know that he is a pretty avid walker, and I must agree with him.  I have played RNK many times and I would never recommend it as a good walking course.  It isn't as bad as Stonehouse, and I am sure that some walk it with no issue, but there is a lot of green to tee walking by the time you reach 18.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back