News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Thurman

The Country Club Renovation
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:17:56 AM »
Are we not talking about this? Was it just not as significant as I'm imagining?

Granted, I was in Airwalks during the '99 Ryder Cup, didn't have a drivers license yet, and was watching on a 30 inch tube tv. I don't remember a ton about the course. But what I do remember sure did seem dark, shadowy, and wooded, with corresponding shade-grown blotchy grass.

I thought the course this weekend looked great during the 17 minutes that NBC actually televised. If we can get a few more Oakmonts and Brooklines onto mainstream tv, it might get a lot easier to convince memberships to chop down trees.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Howard Riefs

Re: The Country Club Renovation
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 12:02:33 PM »
I wished NBC broadcast more than an hour of live coverage yesterday.  Course looked great from what I saw.

There was some discussion of the renovation in Ran's thread about his course tour:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,56318.0.html
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back