News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Manasquan River..... WOW
« on: December 17, 2022, 06:55:16 PM »
Was privileged to play Manasquan River in New Jersey today.  Holy cow! How does this not get more credit? In the last few years they have added bunkers and done some significant work.  The front 10 has major elevation changes with unique holes.  Then you go across the street to a gorgeous layout on the river. Easily one of my favorite courses I have ever played!

Joe Bausch

Re: Manasquan River..... WOW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 07:49:14 PM »
You are preaching to the choir, Rick, as you know. MR is spectacular.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Rick Sides

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 07:57:40 PM »
Joe, you told me, spectacular!!!!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 08:07:16 PM »
Joe's excellent 95 page photogasm: http://www.myphillygolf.com/uploads/bausch/ManasquanRiver/index.html?

Fun to tour through and speculate why it's not spongeworthy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 08:22:39 PM »
The easiest fix that could get the course more credit would be to flip the nines. Given the short range that drive on one is just too difficult for the first drive of the day. Plus you have to give a rater what he wants before she starts to dream of their next course. Views that is.

I'm far less concerned with a blind drive on a starter than being asked to hit a draw.

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2022, 09:29:07 AM »
Was privileged to play Manasquan River in New Jersey today.  Holy cow! How does this not get more credit? In the last few years they have added bunkers and done some significant work.  The front 10 has major elevation changes with unique holes.  Then you go across the street to a gorgeous layout on the river. Easily one of my favorite courses I have ever played!
Rick,

Any details on the holes/shots?
Did you ride?
Young caddies used to be the norm many years ago.

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022, 09:54:11 AM »
The easiest fix that could get the course more credit would be to flip the nines.
Been discussed for fifty years.
I suspect the harder walk home has discouraged it.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2022, 10:56:51 AM »
The easiest fix that could get the course more credit would be to flip the nines.
Been discussed for fifty years.
I suspect the harder walk home has discouraged it.

One just looks too interesting to be played cold.

MCirba

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2022, 12:31:12 PM »
I took a bit of flak from my review and rating of Manasquan River from my 2019 Year in Review thread on this page...might get more by reposting but sticking to it.   ;D

https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67809.125.html
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Rick Sides

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2022, 04:00:56 PM »
Took a cart and brought my wife who does not golf but reads, takes pictures and cheers me on all day.   So many great holes. After a quant hole 1, the 2nd hole looks like your hitting it on top of a mountain. The next few holes are a variety  with elevation amazing to NJ.  The back 8 holes  become  seaside/links course with incredible angles into greens.  The more I recall the day, its perhaps my favorite course I have played and I have played many courses in the top 100 in the US

Bill Crane

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 05:43:15 PM »
I took a bit of flak from my review and rating of Manasquan River from my 2019 Year in Review thread on this page...might get more by reposting but sticking to it.   ;D
https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67809.125.html

Not from me !  I had posted some comments years ago that this is one of the most under-rated courses in New Jersey.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2022, 07:47:31 PM »

Rick, are you rickyvalegolf on IG?  I got a message on my feed @TheQuestFor3000 from someone a couple days ago mentioning Manasquan River and then you post on here!  Coincidence?
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Rick Sides

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 05:47:09 PM »
Guilty as charged Turbo ! When you’re back in New Jersey come out and play my course and put in on the list !

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back