News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

MClutterbuck

Re: Odds on Rio golf, 2016?
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2016, 03:50:38 PM »
Henrik Stenson mentioned today he would rather win a bronze medal at the Olympics than place third at The Masters. Golfers will embrace the experience, and sponsors will make sure they do.

Don Mahaffey

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2016, 08:25:13 AM »
If I go to Texas it will be to see Mahaffey. If I get him pregnant we will deal with it appropriately.

Not in rural Texas you won't.
I know what the rest of the country thinks of Texas, but believe it or not people in TX do have cars and trucks, and freedom to cross state lines. But we always do appreciate the rest of the country telling us how to live.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2016, 05:38:42 PM »
I love Texas.  Not crazy about the politicians but everything else is fine, from migas for breakfast in Austin to a cold beer in Luckenbach, to golf at Wolf Point.   Don, are there bluebonnets in the rough this time of year?

JJShanley

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2016, 01:41:42 PM »

jeffwarne

« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2016, 09:08:20 AM »
Well the Olympics open this Friday...

I'm quite surprised how many leading players are skipping the Olympics.
It's understandable how a non US player Olympic eligible player who is struggling to keep his status on Tour might elect to skip, especially if he was having a good enough year to qualify for The fed EX Cup or was borderline on the PGA, Euro or Web.com Tour, and needed the events and or rest to continue with their career.

The Olympics ARE a big deal for anyone with a soul or a sense of history.
Whether golf should be in the Olympics or not is a moot point.(as well as one's opinion about the corrupt IOC)
Golf is in for the next 2 Olympiads, and a unique incredible history making opportunity has been dropped in the laps of many leading players.
The women (the one's who potentially have a bigger risk) have embraced it.

The men-not so much-because they need it less.
a shame, and I would hope they at least feel a tinge of regret while watching the Opening ceremonies.
They risk the event being pulled for good, and I would hope that next go round countries would have the right to skip over players who elected to skip this year's Olympics.

A romantic notion?
Probably, but I think participating in the Olympic experience(warts and all) would be a memorable, once in a lifetime experience.
Kudos to Bubba-even if I have to watch him cry again....
Bogie for Spieth etc.
Seems like Day ought to go-he's got some phantom ailment every week anyway ::) ::)

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

MClutterbuck

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »
+1 Jeff.

Meanwhile, as predicted, there is Zika in Florida. Will be interesting to see Rory move back to Northern Ireland and be consistent with his explanation to skip the Games.

Too many players are missing a potentially historic event and missing a chance to connect with other athletes and fans, as well as help their sponsors.

Ruediger Meyer

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
Women don't have a higher risk

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back