News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Re: Your images of Ballyneal's twelfth
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »
Dick, I can't give you an actual yardage but I guess it to be in the 215-230 range. My lament stems from two facts. 1. Herr Doak once wrote in these annals that his hope was to tempt the better player to drive the green, coming in from that left side. And 2. Somewhere in my recesses I recall there being a small sliver of fairway there. This sliver may have not made the final cut, when poor decisions were made about reducing the irrigated areas, (like the amorphous teeing grounds) that first summer. The irony in that is that it wasn't until well after those 6 weeks of 105 tempts with convection oven winds that they realized the entire system's mode was still in surround grow in.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

John Kirk

Re: Your images of Ballyneal's twelfth
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 12:42:47 PM »
I think that's right, Adam.  I don't think there's much if any fairway directly left of the bunkers.  Attempts to drive the green are played sort of directly over the last bunker, or just right of it.   This summer a friend tried to drive the green from about 330-335 yards, and ended up about 10 yards short.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back