News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Amarnek

Re: Gulph Mills GC: a photo tour and more (broken links fixed now!)
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2020, 08:02:11 PM »
Mike,
The Hanse-Paul green was redone with the slope softened from right-to-left and that cleavage in the middle of the green has been removed.  As you said, the membership was never terribly fond of the previous iteration.  Three mature trees were removed along the right side approach to the green and the two bunkers on the right, one short and one greenside were also removed.  A new bunker was added at the rear of the green.  The approach to the green has been widened somewhat and will more easily accept the risk-reward shot of going for the green in two.  For those long hitters and also for me, there is an upslope at the front of the green which requires a solid shot to reach the green surface.  There is a new back tee behind the path on the right side of the pond, adding another 20 yards or so to the hole.

In my mind, along with the other Hanse changes, we have an even better course than before.  I'll be back when the club re-opens, whenever that is.

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2020, 05:51:29 AM »
Jeff Silverman’s club history book is the gold standard of club histories.  Our favorite Lurker was more than a minor contributor to that product.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

MCirba

« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2020, 04:20:18 PM »
Thanks, David. 

Sounds as though the revision has had a lot of thought put into it and that type of fine-tuning may create a more subtle, interesting challenge.

Good luck and stay safe!
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back