News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Stuart Goldstein

Buddy Marucci interview-where are the answers?
« on: February 27, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/feature-interview/buddy-marucci-august-2009/

Was just bouncing around the site and came upon this interview.  Was really looking forward to it and getting some insight, but man getting those answers seemed like pulling teeth.

jeffwarne

Re: Buddy Marucci interview-where are the answers?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 04:17:43 PM »
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/feature-interview/buddy-marucci-august-2009/

Was just bouncing around the site and came upon this interview.  Was really looking forward to it and getting some insight, but man getting those answers seemed like pulling teeth.

Well you did get to read that at greenspeeds of 13.5 and 14 ::) ::) ::) that the fifth green may lose some of its best pins.
I can't think of a "great" green in the world that wouldn't lose its best pins at that speed
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Dave McCollum

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
I thought the same thing when I read this way back whenever.

V. Kmetz

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »
I've had the rare privilege of caddying for Buddy in the last two Andersons at WF; In those five rounds, he strikes me as the type of guy who lives by the credo:

"If you don't have something complimentary or nice to say, say little or nothing."

And he doesn't talk about himself, or go very far with things that are said that might be construed as praising him or his deeds, on those occasions.

I don't know if that it explains his absence of in-depth answers in the interview (I too, was hoping to see more) but it may speak volumes.

One of the most respectful and above-board guys I've ever encountered.

cheers

vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Keith Buntrock

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
Are we sure that Bill Belichick didn't actually give this interview?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 05:17:20 PM »
We saw a lot of Buddy at the 2007 Walker Cup at Royal County Down.  It was fun to watch him read putts for the players.  Once or twice he stretched out full length on the green, lower than Spider-Man Camillo Villegas!

Tim Martin

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 06:59:07 PM »
I remember watching the dramatic final round of the 95 U S Amateur when Marucci faced off against some guy named Eldrick at Newport. It was extremely impressive to see him hang in there with Tiger blowing it by him all day off the tee. Both gritty and humble Marucci was an easy guy to root for and really made you remember that there are a lot of different ways to get it in the hole. When attending the last Open at Bethpage he was gracious enough to take a picture with my son and I despite me wearing a NY Giants shirt which for a Philly guy is like kryptonite to Superman.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:18:08 PM by Tim Martin »

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
It's fair to say it was the worst interview on GCA.  The Pete Dye interview was pretty bad as well.  What has been learned is that in some cases it is necessary to interview the people in person and transcribe their thoughts.   Both Dye and Marucci were left to their own and it showed either a lack of interest or possibly a lack of time in sitting down at the computer.  I question if Pete Dye actually knows how to use a computer?

Bill Shotzbarger

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 11:15:27 PM »

14. Are any changes being considered for the course subsequent to hosting the 2013 U.S. Open?

Not sure yet..

lol

Stuart Goldstein

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 11:33:40 AM »
One of the most respectful and above-board guys I've ever encountered.

That is why I ws looking forward to the interview, maybe gain a little insight. Guessed wrong.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back