News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

I'll now have another course to play since I'm a member of the Talamore Family of Clubs:

Dear Member,
As the overall fabric of our times and economic surroundings continue to change, The Talamore Family of Clubs continue to be a steadfast leader.  Even though we have seen tough times around us we have been able to maintain our focus on growing and improving the value to our Members for being part of our Family. On that point, we are excited to welcome Old York Country Club of Chesterfield NJ                      
www.oldyorkcc.com as a new Member to the Talamore Family of Clubs. Old York has been named numerous times to Golf Digests prestigious top 25 in state honors and was designed by Gary Player          ( www.garyplayer.com ). With more than 300 courses over 5 continents, Player's local area design accolades include the Ace Club and TPC at Jasna Polana.  Old York is conveniently located just off exit 7 of the NJ Turnpike about 45 minutes from Talamore in Ambler and a little over an hour from Applecross.

Old York was built by the Eget family of New Jersey and opened about the same time as Talamore in 1995. Operating as a non equity Club lead by Ed and Corinne Eget, the Club flourished through the years and built a great reputation as one the of the area's premier Private Clubs.

More recently like many other Private Clubs, Old York has been challenged with many of the same issues facing the Private Club industry. Our involvement with them was fostered by our friends at John Deere who knew that we had been successful in finding new ways to navigate through the current choppy economic waters. One thing lead to another and here we are with a unique arrangement where we will be managing partner for the Eget family to reinvigorate the prominence and prestige of this fabled Club.

Leading the day to day operations for us at Old York will be Gerry Heller, a 20+ year veteran of the Private Club industry. Gerry was hand picked from a group of more than 250 applicants from around the country for his exemplary experience and management style which we feel will fit Old York like a glove.

From the Country Club side of the resume, Gerry was most recently the General Manager at Locust Hill Country Club in Pittsford, NY (www.locusthill.org  ), home to approximately 500 Members and the Wegmans LPGA Championship ( www.wegmanslpga.org ). Gerry also held positions as GM and Chief Operating Officer with other venerable north east and mid west Private Clubs including Chagrin Valley in Cleveland Ohio (www.Cvcclub.com ), the Country Club of Harrisburg ( www.ccharrisburg.com ) and the Birmingham Athletic Club in Michigan ( www.bacmi.net ). Gerry also brings extensive corporate experience with his extended tenure in the Hotel industry with Marriott and Hilton.  In these roles, Gerry earned high honors as a senior manager leading the challenges of opening new hotels and tweaking the ones in need of better performance.

Gerry's tenure at a broad array of top notch Private Clubs will bring a fresh approach to Old York and also to the Talamore organization as a whole as we look for ways to enhance and expand upon the Way of Life at Clubs within the Talamore Family. Just as Applecross has blazed new trails for us in the past year, Old York will be new territory as we challenge our staff to create different types of Member events, expand and enhance Member dining and service and fine tune property maintenance practices and other elements key to the day to day operations and well being of our Membership.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:31:27 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mike Viscusi

Re: Old York CC (Player) in Chesterfield, NJ acquired by Talamore...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:10:00 AM »
This is interesting Steve.  I too got this email, although I don't think I am keeping my membership for next year.  It's a bit far out of the way from the other two courses, but I guess it's nice to have the additional access and probably worth checking out at least once.  Anyone have any thoughts on Old York CC?

Do you think Talamore will keep adding to the portfolio?  I had heard a few months back that they were looking to acquire LuLu.  Wonder if they are still amongst the possible buyers.  I would definitely re-up if that happens.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:21:35 AM »
Mike,

I doubt that Talamore is still in the running for LuLu but one never knows. See the current LuLu thread:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,39821.0.html

I've never played Old York but ,from what I've heard, it can be difficult if the fescue off the fairways is kept high. I'll find out next year.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:25:13 AM »
Does anyone have idea of the purchase price????

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »
Actually, Talamore had a management agreement with Old York.

http://www.myphillygolf.com/detail.asp?id=11844&pid=20

The new owners are here:

http://myphillygolf.com/detail.asp?id=12866

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back