News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Handley

Re: Bay Area suggestions
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »
You cannot go wrong with Harris' in the city for steaks but the best steak IMO is at Bobo's.  http://boboquivaris.com/
I lived there for 12 years and lived one block from Harris' so I've enjoyed many of their steaks.  Boboquivari's is on Lombard and the bone-in filet mignon is awesome.

Enjoy and especially if you get to play the Cal Club.  I was there a couple of weeks ago and it is in great shape and playing fast.
2024 Line Up: Spanish Oaks GC, Cal Club, Cherokee Plantation, Huntercombe, West Sussex, Hankley Common, Royal St. Georges, Sunningdale New & Old, CC of the Rockies, Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale, Formby, Royal Liverpool, Swinley Forest, St. George's Hill, Berkshire Red, Walton Heath Old, Austin GC

David_Tepper

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 11:57:47 AM »
"what are the tree houses thoughts on Green Hills Country Club?"

Chris -

I have not played Green Hills in at least 15 years. I remember the property being very compact. Among the mid-Peninsula courses, I would rate it behind the Cal Club, Stanford and Peninsula and ahead of Burlingame.

DT

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »
You cannot go wrong with Harris' in the city for steaks but the best steak IMO is at Bobo's.  http://boboquivaris.com/
I lived there for 12 years and lived one block from Harris' so I've enjoyed many of their steaks.  Boboquivari's is on Lombard and the bone-in filet mignon is awesome.

Enjoy and especially if you get to play the Cal Club.  I was there a couple of weeks ago and it is in great shape and playing fast.

Ahhhh... good call on Bobo's (although an unfortunate name) always forget about that one.  Unassuming spot on Motor Inn row, but a very good steak nonetheless. 

Lance Rieber

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »
Adam, I thought about Stevinson a lot, love that course but playing 36 then driving all the way to south San Francisco after makes a long day. Thinking of something closer to San Fran or at least a little more " on the way" there. I think Poppy ridge morning and Wente in the afternoon might be the plan, or still thinking hard about cinnabar hills. Thanks to all for the suggestions and now I know where to get a steak also.

astavrides

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »
Adam, I thought about Stevinson a lot, love that course but playing 36 then driving all the way to south San Francisco after makes a long day. Thinking of something closer to San Fran or at least a little more " on the way" there. I think Poppy ridge morning and Wente in the afternoon might be the plan, or still thinking hard about cinnabar hills. Thanks to all for the suggestions and now I know where to get a steak also.

Poppy Ridge is ok, but Calippe Preserve is probably better and more interesting and not much farther from Wente.

Lance Rieber

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »

Poppy Ridge is ok, but Calippe Preserve is probably better and more interesting and not much farther from Wente.

Yeah I saw this course, looks pretty nice, any feedback of those who have played recently.

Keith Doleshel

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 12:47:52 AM »
The Basque restaurant Adam referenced is probably Woolgrowers in Los Banos.  It is allegedly John Madden's favorite restaurant.  A unique experience to be sure.  The food isn't half bad, and very cheap for the generous portions served.  It is located in downtown Los Banos, so it's not visible from Highway 152, which is the main road through town.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back