News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

Re: BUDA XI - Bookings now OPEN!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »
Thanks for organising this David.

I'm in!

Deposit is on its way to Tony.

I'm interested in all the post-BUDA golf.

Regarding the hotel, I got the impression from Ward's post that he tried to book online. Is it possible to do it that way, or is it better to speak in person to the hotel staff?

Is the rate you negotiated with the hotel only applicable for three nights? As all the courses are close by (with the exception of Swinkelsche/Eindhovensche) it might be handy to stay in the one place for 4-5 nights.

David Davis

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »
Donal,

Thanks, great that your coming! I think the hotel rate will be good if you want to stay longer. I need to clarify a couple things with them after the holidays. So please hang on for a week and I'll ask them how they would like the group to book.

Yes it is certainly handy to stay there.

Cheers,

David
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »
Yep, we're going to stay longer as well, will already arrive on Thursday pre-BUDA.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

David Davis

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 01:03:50 PM »
Hey guys,

Just want you to know I confirmed the details with the hotel for you. The special rates I've arranged are valid 3 days before and 3 days after the BUDA rates, perfect for those of you in for post BUDA golf. Also the rates are for a Luxury room with Sea view. I will have a booking code in the next week that you can use for booking online. Otherwise you are welcome to contact the hotel directly and book which a couple of you have already done.

Happy New Year!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
Great News, you rock David!

Ulrich

David Davis

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »
Ulrich, we aim to please! I'm aiming at making NL a major destination in the minds of GCA'ers so with any luck all you guys will be bragging about this trip for years to come  ;)

Steve and Donal, we've received your deposits, thanks guys!

ward peyronnin

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 10:25:12 AM »
Hotel just personally confirmed my booking and that rate is for the luxury seaside suite!!

I am still trying to deal with F***ing Paypal
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

David Davis

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »

For the others looking to book the hotel I've been given this booking code for our special rate:

It is possible to make a room reservation online by the website http://www.huisterduin.com/en/rooms. Please fill out the code 32394 and press on submit.

Ward,

Great to hear you are coming! You mention a suite for that price but in order to manage expectations I think the rooms are very nice, there is a view of the sea but I don't believe they are SUITES (in the sense that most of us understand suites to be) unless you especially order a suite and then I assure you that this price will not count. The real suites up on the top floor will be enormous and probably cost in the area of 1500 US a night or more. What we have are large double rooms!

ward peyronnin

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
My Bad David . Mixin up needs and wants I guess

We are pleased to confirm your room reservation:

Arrival date             : 14th of July 2013
Departure date        : 20th of July 2013
Confirmation nr.       : R4360D
Number of people     : 1
Room type              : Deluxe Room
Room price              : EUR 125,00 per night

The room price is per room per night inclusive Buffet Breakfast, but exclusive city tax EUR 3,65 per person per night.

If you have any questions or adjustments, please do not hesitate to contact undersigned at telephone number: +31-71 - 365 1300 or at our fax number +31- 71 - 3619401.

"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 04:31:44 PM »
Well, it sure looks like Mr. Peyronnin has cleaned up on all the deluxe rooms, because I just booked 07/12 till 07/19 and got a "Run of House Double". However, I did get an extra item called "Golf Architecture Trip", which I believe Mr. Peyronnin hasn't :)

Ulrich

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 12:41:49 PM »
David,

I know I shouldn't ask, but have you got a rough idea about the tee times for Tue (afternoon), Wed-Fri? Do you think early starts are possible for post-BUDA? I have a return flight on Friday evening, so I'll miss out on the possible Swinkelsche/Eindhovensche combination. I arrive on Sunday afternoon.

After Buda X (11 rounds in 7 days), I vowed not to cram so much golf into such a short time, but it's difficult to resist the temptation. I'd like to squeeze 36 holes in wherever I can, so maybe I'll try Swinkelsche/Eindhovensche on the Wednesday or Thursday evening.

Anybody else interested in maxing the long July days with as much golf as possible?

Forgive me for pestering you and sounding like a spoilt brat; I don't get out much, so I have to take whatever chances I get.

I really appreciate all you've done. You're a star!!! It's going to be a great BUDA!!

John Mayhugh

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 05:26:48 PM »
Anybody else interested in maxing the long July days with as much golf as possible?

Absolutely.

David Davis

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 05:44:14 PM »
Donal,

I don't have the t-times for Tuesday yet. Wednesday tee times will most likely be after 11:00 am due to the fact that Noordwijk is 2 ball only until 11.00.

Monday we are playing morning foursomes and 4 balls in the afternoon. I'm not sure how fit everyone is but 36 holes at Noordwijk and you are broken. It's not what I'd call the easiest walk. Neither is Royal Hague. Wednesday I suggest we play it by ear, I'm sure we might be able to squeeze in some more golf but I'm really curious if everyone will be up to it.

The aim is to play 27 holes at Kennemer as they have 3 sets of 9 holes but I can't guarantee that yet as I need to get the final numbers and find out who is interested. It's highly unlikely and impractical to attempt to play the courses we are playing then drive all the way to Swinkelsche/Eidhovensche. The drive is is like 1.5 to 2 hours when there is no traffic. Let's wait till we are a little closer and I have a good idea of what everyone wants and who is coming. How's that sound?

Cheers,

David

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 06:57:32 PM »
If we play 18 on Tuesday and Wednesday, then 27 holes at Kennemer on Thursday sounds super cool!

Ulrich

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 07:34:58 PM »
David when do you need commitments/when are you closing the registration?

David Davis

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 01:11:55 AM »
Joe,

It just depends on the sign-ups. Full = full.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 03:57:59 AM »
The German contingent should be stronger in a BUDA in the Netherlands. Christoph, Emil, where are you? :)

Ulrich

Bill Brightly

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »
I am in for the Thursday golf after BUDA and would like to play Friday, but need to take an evening flight home. If we are playing Utrecht De Pan in the morning on Friday, I am in for that.

David Davis

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
Ulrich,

Yes, more Germans, the Dutch love them ;-) I'll let you do the recruiting!!!

Bill,

We will see what we can work out.

ward peyronnin

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 06:54:12 PM »
Why are these bad walks? Xtra distance or just up and down. I walk 36 at Cruden Bay with no problem

Frank Pont

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 01:44:53 AM »
Why are these bad walks? Xtra distance or just up and down. I walk 36 at Cruden Bay with no problem
Ward, all of these are easier walks than Cruden, only R Hague has some slopes comparable to the CB hike up to 9 tees

David Davis

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »
Hi guys,

A few of you have expressed that you have a keen interest in booking as many holes a day as you possible can. It will be light here in July until about 10 pm in the evening while you are here.

I just want to let you know well in advance that the BUDA is from Monday - Wednesday. Monday for sure we will play 1 round of foursomes and one round of 4 balls. Tuesday at this stage is 18 holes, if there is a chance to play more I will let you know. Tuesday night we have dinner at Royal Hague with a presentation from Frank Pont. It would be great if everyone joined that. That being said I will try to arrange the tee times in a way that if we can't play more than 18 holes (which I honestly really doubt will be allowed) then the diehards can arrange their own golf someplace else in the early morning. On Wednesday I will try to make the tee time as early as the club will allow so those who want to be 100% sure they will be able to play more than 18 holes can arrange their own golf in the late afternoon someplace else.

As for Thursday and Friday, these are just optional days, no one is required to join. There is no chance I will be able to arrange multiple rounds on these courses for anyone including myself. That's just not how it works. Imagine going to one of the Top 10 private clubs in the US as a guest of a member and asking them to play 36 + holes when they hardly even know who you are. I'm sure you guys will understand that for me this is asking too much of the members. I am going to do all to attempt to get us to play 27 holes at Kennemer on Thursday. There may be opportunity to keep going until dark, however I will not be able to arrange this in advance nor guarantee it.

The other thing you have to understand is that you are coming to the most densely populated countries in the world, 300,000 golfers and 100+ golf courses (others exist but I wouldn't really consider them golf courses) of which 10-15 are worth playing. 5 of these are outstanding. All of these 10 are highly private. They may allow guests but they won't allow you to reserve in advance. They will tell you to call the day before once they know what members are going to do and if there is space for you unless you know someone. This means the furthest in advance you will be able to arrange your own golf will likely be somewhere between a week and a day if you are lucky.

Again everyone is welcome to give it a shot and arrange as much golf around our playing as you wish by all means. Please share your success stories with me and how you did it. I will be very curious and interested to find out how.

I'm also looking extremely forward to playing Pine Valley and Augusta and making sure I can get in at least 36 holes a day at these places during my stay :-)

David Davis

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 05:49:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

It was suggested to me now a few times that many of you want to get in as much golf as possible. Royal Hague on Tuesdays has ladies day in the mornings so I've arranged our start times from 14:30 hours. It's light out until 22:00 hours that time of year so we won't run out of light.

I'm discussing a morning round with a club pretty close. It's a brand new private club called "The International". Great design and convenient all be hectic location next to the airport. I'll aim for an 8:00 am start there if I can arrange it. It's also highly private and not open to play unless you are with a member. They are playing the Deloitte Ladies Open there this year. This will make for an interesting contrast to the classic old courses we are playing and help make sure you gentleman get in enough golf.

I will keep you updated as this progresses.

Cheers,

David

Mark Pearce

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 06:28:51 AM »
David,

Sounds great if you can swing it.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »
It's a Bruno Steensels design. I have played only one of his courses, namely Brunssumerheide.

Ulrich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back