News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank Pont

Re: BUDA XI - It's SHOW TIME!
« Reply #225 on: July 13, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »
Conrad and I (but sadly not Conrad's clubs, which BA, having delivered Conrad 24 hours late to Schipol have left at Heathrow) are in Eindhoven, raring to go for tomorrow.  Does anyone know if the clubs we are playing might have hire clubs available if BA don't get Conrad's clubs to us in time?
I will bring my second set of clubs

hhuffines

« Reply #226 on: July 13, 2013, 03:18:26 PM »
I am checking in tonight, looking forward to Sunday and seeing everyone.  Thanks! Hart

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #227 on: July 13, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
I'm already checked in and, together with my better half, on the way to the hotel bar. Satnav says we'll be there at about 10:20 PM. If anyone is there, I'm wearing a red T-Shirt and shorts.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #228 on: July 13, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »
Btw, there are  several bars in the hotel, I'm talking about the one in the lobby, van DiepeningenLounge or somesuch.

Ulrich

Steve Wilson

« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »
I'll try to be there.  Shorts and orange shirt.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Andrew Hastie

« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »
Hello Gentlemen,
Welcome all to Holland!
Unfortunately due to work commitments I will only be joining on Tuesday for the rounds at The International and The Royal Hague. But I'm looking forward to putting some well known names to faces.
I hope you all have fun the next two days and I will see you all on Tuesday!
Cheers, Andrew

Bill_McBride

« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »
Any reports from over there in the Old World?

Scott Warren

« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2013, 09:52:59 PM »
Bill - check out @markdavidpearce on Twitter. Doing some great work!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2013, 10:08:17 PM »
Bill - check out @markdavidpearce on Twitter. Doing some great work!
Uh......twitter?

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2013, 06:01:14 PM »
We're having much fun and very little time for anything other than golfing and refueling.

Ulrich

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2013, 01:29:41 PM »
Brief update... this is the most action packed Buda to date. We are playing golf from sunup to sundown with a meal or two thrown in here and there. The Dutch are most welcoming hosts and very proud to showcase their courses. David is doing a fabulous job of "herding cats" and we have been able to squeeze in as much golf as most can possibly handle.

The courses are as good as one would expect to find in the UK. We played De Pan today and it was the surprise hit of the trip for many of us. I'm sure there will be photo tour soon and you won't want to miss this one!

I think we all now have a much deeper appreciation of Harry Colt!

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »
More news soon please.

Delighted it all worked out.

Let's make GCA grate again!

Ulrich Mayring

Re: BUDA XI - It's SHOW TIME! New
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »
This was the first Buda Cup without the Buda Cup, so it should go down in the annals as the Buda Experience. I played 135 holes out of a total of 207 holes that were available. Many thanks to David Davies for making it a reality - to see all great golf courses of the Netherlands in one go.

For me Kennemer was the surprise hit, I expected a much flatter and less interesting course. I cannot give my final ranking yet, as I've a system that I meticulously follow with points allocated for Shot Values, Quirk, Scenery and Flow. But off the top of my head I'd say that Royal Hague is a grand course in every respect and I do not know how it could be improved. Maybe returning to the club house after two holes is a bit awkward. Kennemer is the ultimate member's course with three interesting loops, two of which form an authentic Colt links course and are the clear choice for playing 18. Noordwijkse has some of the best links holes in Europe, but also some unfortunate pine forest holes and green to tee walks. De Pan is a great example of how to create good holes in a pine forest. However, there is a slight sense of sameness to it on the front 9. The back 9 are a stupendous stretch of holes.

I would be thrilled to be a member at any of those world class courses. Again, many thanks to David Davies for organising it and to all participants for showing up and being a great bunch of guys to play golf with. Whoever made the weather should also get a nod of approval.

Ulrich
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:29:07 AM by Ulrich Mayring »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back