News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Davis

BUDA XI - It's SHOW TIME!
« on: December 21, 2012, 12:04:43 PM »
Attn BUDA enthusiasts,

It’s taken a while, a lot of hard work, telephone time and meetings. I’m feeling prepared for a new career in international relations but our perseverance has finally paid off. BUDA in Holland is arranged and we have an amazing an unforgettable set up for all of you.

Please note one thing, as the private clubs we’ve arranged fall into the category of extremely private here we have limited space available for this one off opportunity to entertain you guys and let you experience the best golf The Netherlands and arguably continental Europe has to offer.

This is what the programme looks like:

Sunday, 14 July 20113   

• Arrival Noordwijk aan Zee, check-n to Huis ter Duin, this can also happen on Saturday

Monday, 15 July
  • 8:00 am Morning foursomes at Noordwijkse Golf Club
  • Lunch
  • 1:30 pm Afternoon fourball better ball Noordwijkse Golf Club
  • Drinks and buffet dinner at Noordwijkse Golf Club
  • Perhaps a small presentation/greeting  http://www.noordwijksegolfclub.nl

Tuesday, 16 July
  • 8:00 tee off - The International  http://www.theinternational.nl/
  • 14:30 tee off -  Royal Hague http://www.khgcc.nl/en/
  • Dinner with architect presentation – Frank Pont  http://www.infinitevarietygolf.com/

Wednesday, 17 July        

• Utrecht De Pan – as above based on the numbers. http://www.ugc-depan.nl/ Tee time = 7:15 am. Price 60 euro.
  • Singles matches (in the form of fourballs) at Noordwijkse Golf club - tee times start at 13:00

Optional golf:

Thursday, 18 July       
  • Kennemer Golf Club – Please confirm your definite interest to me ASAP http://www.kennemergolf.nl/ Price 62.50 for 27 holes all 3 courses, maybe more but on a space available basis. Shouldn't be a problem.
Friday, 19 July            
  • Hilversumsche Golf Club - 7:30 am tee time. 60 euro price.
  • Hoge Kleij Golf Club - time TBA.

(Note optional golf is subject to numbers and interest of course.)

I've been working on one of the members at the Noordwijkse who happens to be one of the directors of one of the nicest 5 star hotels in The Netherlands and have been able to arrange a truly amazing deal with them for our group.

This hotel as mentioned is 5 stars and is situation on the beach in Noordwijk aan Zee. The rate I've managed is including a buffet breakfast which they normally always charge 27.50 euro for. It's also including a welcome drink for the group once we are all there. In NL these things are just not common in any level of hotel.

Room rates (including a large buffet breakfast) are:

Deluxe Double room - 58.40 GBP (94 USD) - 72.50 euro per person per night.

The same rooms are also available as singles at 100.88 GBP (162.45 USD) - 125 euro per night.

Suites are available upon request of course so there is something for everyone.

Here is the website for the hotel so you can see it:

http://huisterduin.com/

Please note the hotel requires no down payment, the price will be better than you can arrange anyplace else and the travel times to the clubs will be 20 minutes and 35 minutes respectively. The hotel is very luxurious and also has parking. This is high season so the rate is a fraction of normal costs.

Everyone is responsible to reserve the hotel themselves under our group’s name.  Noordwijkse Golf Club – David Davis

As for the golf we have been able to arrange this with more than a 50% discount on the golf fees. Which is the first time these clubs have extended that kind of hospitality to an outside of NL group I’m told.

Golf at de Noordwjikse will cost:

195 euro/158 GBP/257 USD (course as of today on XE.com) for 3 rounds

Golf at The International will cost: 75 euro

Golf at Royal Hague will cost:

90 euro/73 GBP/118 USD

RESERVING YOUR PLACE:

Please note the euro prices are the final prices and what we will be charged so should there be large swings in currency exchange rates prices could be slightly cheaper or more expensive.

To reserve your place today please transfer your deposit of: 150 euro to Tony Muldoon via PAYPAL:

Tony has requested that you indicate "gift" on the paypal transaction. This has to do with the fees charged. Thank you.

Paypal:

Anthony Muldoon hstjet@googlemail.com

This is our list of who's paid their deposits and is confirmed (I will update it as deposits are received):

• Tony Muldoon
  • David Davis
  • Mike Whitaker
  • Hart Huffines
  • John Mayhugh
  • Ulrich Mayring
  • Mark Pearce
  • Andrew Hastie
  • Conrad Gamble
  • Donal O'Ceallaigh
  • Steve Wilson
  • Bill Brightly
  • David Kelly
  • Ward Peyronnin
  • Jan van Mondfrans
  • Ed Tucholski
  • Craig Disher
  • Mark Chaplin

Happy New Year everyone and looking forward to hosting you in The Netherlands this summer!!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:34:40 AM by David Davis »
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Tony_Muldoon

Re: BUDA XI - Bookings now OPEN!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »
Thanks for all the hard work David I'm in.

I wil make enquires about palying in the Le Touquet area on the weekend before and post on here.

Important Note.

When paying by Paypal please list this as a 'Gift' and all charges will be minimal. Also check you are sending me 150 Euro rather than just paying out that amount.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:17:41 AM by Tony_Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Cristian

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »
This is a very nice itinerary and a great deal. As a local I know both the courses and the Hotel very well. The accomodation deal is almost perverse. Hats off to David for presenting such a great proposition. Unfortunately timing prevents me from joining in, but I have to recommend this trip to anybody who loves classic golf and a very pleasant hotel, at what must be less than half the normal rate.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »
I'm in. Deposit on the way!!!

David - count me in for all post-Buda rounds.

Thanks for pulling this together. You are our hero!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill Brightly

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 08:58:53 PM »
I am in, just need to make sure my Pay Pal account is still active. Haven't used it since my fantasy baseball (for money) phase came and went... Thank you so much for organising.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
I am in, just need to make sure my Pay Pal account is still active. Haven't used it since my fantasy baseball (for money) phase came and went... Thank you so much for organising.

You can use any credit card via PayPal.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill Brightly

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »
I am in for Thursday and Friday golf, not sure about Saturday.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:06:26 PM by Bill Brightly »

John Mayhugh

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »
I'm in for Mon-Fri golf. I would also like to try the Swinkelsche/Eindhoven double, but that might need to be on the Sunday prior to Buda instead.

Thanks for all your work, David.
Deposit headed to Tony in the next couple of days.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 05:19:22 AM »
I'm in.  Post BUDA golf may be a problem for me as I have a son working the Open and want to get back for that.  Keen to explore pre-BUDA golf, though.

It's worth mentioning that David has done tremendous amount of work to get us this far.  An overseas BUDA is a big departure but this should be a really good trip.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:21:32 AM by Mark Pearce »
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

David Davis

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »
Thanks guys, keep them coming. It was really a lot harder than I had anticipated but I have seen a lot of golf courses in a few short years and I really believe that the courses we've lined up for you guys to play are really great. The value is also great.

I kept with it because I truly believe The Netherlands deserves a much bigger place on the golf map and the courses we are going to play (including post BUDA) are some of the most highly underrated courses in the world.

hhuffines

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
In for all golf!  Thanks so much for allowing rookies!  Hart Huffines

David Davis

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »
Hart,

Great your joining, all rookies are welcome. Heck, there's even a rookie organizing....of course he's been closely monitored by the veterans for good measure!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 11:07:06 AM »
I'm in, but I don't have Pay Pal. However, I have an alternate idea how to get my deposit to Tony.

Do we get a discount for the suites as well? Just asking for the Lady :)

Also, I've noticed that they have regular and large rooms, seaview and landview, all priced differently. What category is our price for? I can take it up with the hotel myself, just don't want to create any confusion.

BTW, what's on Tuesday morning?

Whichever way it goes: fantastic effort, Dave!

Oh, and interested in Kennemer on Thursday as well. I was really hoping for Huis ter Duin when you said you could get something special and I think that might buy me this additional day before heading off to Le Touquet :)

Ulrich
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 04:43:35 AM by Ulrich Mayring »
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 05:40:28 AM »
Here's a hot tip for all those doing Le Touquet before or after BUDA:

http://boutique.opengolfclub.com/en/home

The Hardelot - Le Touquet- Golf Pass gives you three courses for 192€, which is basically the price of two. This would cover La Mer, Les Pins and La Foret - all three classic courses down there.

Ulrich

David Davis

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »
I'm in, but I don't have Pay Pal. However, I have an alternate idea how to get my deposit to Tony.

Do we get a discount for the suites as well? Just asking for the Lady :)

Also, I've noticed that they have regular and large rooms, seaview and landview, all priced differently. What category is our price for? I can take it up with the hotel myself, just don't want to create any confusion.

BTW, what's on Tuesday morning?

Whichever way it goes: fantastic effort, Dave!

Oh, and interested in Kennemer on Thursday as well. I was really hoping for Huis ter Duin when you said you could get something special and I think that might buy me this additional day before heading off to Le Touquet :)

Ulrich

Hi Ulrich, first off Merry Christmas if it's something you celebrate. You don't have to have paypal to pay someone on a paypal account I don't believe, you can just do it with your credit card.

As for the hotel I don't know the exact answer to your questions, I know however they will take pretty darn good care of us. The director wouldn't risk the business loss if things didn't go smoothly. If you are serious about the suite please PM me and I'll check into it.

I don't have the timing on Tuesday for the golf. I will have to firm things up on that. I'm guessing however that Tuesday morning things will be semi open. I think the earliest we can play Royal Hague is 11 am, maybe a little later due to rules on when 4 balls are allowed. I will only be able to firm up that stuff after the holidays but I'll let you know.

If you are thinking about 36 on Tuesday for example I'll have to get back to you. I don't think that will be possible at Royal Hague, in fact, I'm 99.9% certain it won't.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
No worries, we can always do some sightseeing :)

I'm not serious about the suite, but the large seaside double would be in the cards, depending on price. But I can take it up with the hotel myself, if you trust me to not embarass our group :)

Ulrich

David Davis

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
Ulrich,

Let me check it out with my contact at the hotel. That may work out more in our favor in this case if you haven't called them already.

Then I can let everyone know. I've been there a couple times and stayed over for events our club organized and didn't realize they had different rooms other than suites and sea/land view.

I think my contact will be on holidays so please be patient and I will get back to you on those specifics.

Thanks for pointing this out.

David

ward peyronnin

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »
Hi David

I have had trouble connecting with the hotel. I entered the group code and it didn't take and notified the hotel  and they responded requesting what group i was with etc. and that they were aware code wasn't working so just a heads up to those attempting now. I am going to say I am with the GCA/Davis group and see what happens
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

David Davis

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 05:24:34 AM »
Hi Ward,

Let me get in touch with them. My contact who's confirmed everything is the Director and since it was done very recently I'm guessing he's away for the holidays and probably hasn't set it up yet.

Please bare with me, the deal will not change and we can have as many rooms as we want/need.

Ulrich also had some questions so let me firm this stuff up after the holidays and find out how they would like us to book.

Sorry about that.

David

Mark Pearce

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 05:37:05 AM »
David,

Conrad Gamble, a regular BUDAite, will also be joining us. 

I suspect we're going to take the car on the train to Calais and travel up over the weekend, so looking for golf on the Saturday and Sunday.  I have an idea for the Sunday but would welcome suggestions as to Saturday venues on the way from Calais.

Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Scott Warren

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 05:54:24 AM »
Mark,

Royal Zoute is a wonderful course and a very welcoming club. Could be a great option for Saturday. I played it on either Easter Friday or Saturday a few years back and they had no qualms about accommodating me.

Bruges is a little way down the road for an overnight and is one of the finest cities in Europe.

If taking a ferry, you could also consider Ramsgate to Ostend.

David Davis

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 06:40:50 AM »
Mark,

Thanks. I agree with Scott on this, Bruges is a wonderful little city, very romantic if you are with your significant other. Personally I'm not sure about hitting it with my golf mates.

As for Royal Zoute, I'm not certain about their weekend policy, it's quite private so make sure and check that far in advance, if you tell them you are playing at Royal Hague, Noordwijkse and you want to play the only superior course in the Benelux you're a shoe in, even though it's not true :-)

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »
Ramsgate will be easier for picking me up on the way through!  :D
Cave Nil Vino

John Mayhugh

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 09:01:58 AM »
Mark,
If you overnight in Belgium, I would recommend Ghent over Bruges.  Far fewer tourists, cheaper food & lodging, and every bit as charming IMO.

I would really like to try to make it to Royal Zoute myself, but won't arrive from the US until around 6AM Sunday in AMS.  Seems that the Saturday after Buda would be my best chance.

David Davis

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 03:53:37 PM »
Just a quick note. I'm updating the list of who's already registered and we are rather quickly filling up spaces. If this unique BUDA is of interest and you can join please let us know and get your deposits to Tony.

Thanks guys, it's gonna be some great golf!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back