News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re: Say a prayer for our own Tiger, guys.
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2012, 10:54:09 PM »
I cannot thank you guys enough for your kind words, prayers and friendship. GCA has provided me with so many incredible friends and happy times over the years. I will say I expect them to continue as well. I will say the same thing I said on Caringbridge I feel like one on the luckiest men on the world. This sort of outpouring of support and prayer gives one the strength to face any challenge. My situation is not good. There is hope. I have been in this part of a longer Cancer fight for over the last two and a half years now out of a 9 year total. The day may come where I lose the will to fight for life but it is not today. It is a one day at a time life. Each day God gives us many happy moments to celebrate and enjoy. Our society likes us to plan things ahead, So whether it be a round of golf with Bob in late November or that trip to live a week of good NYC cultural fun to celebrate my daughters end of law school finals this week or a great Golfweek trip to Scottsdale and a round at the great Desert Forest in the beginning of January, things change in this fight. I feel blessed I can still play a little golf or at least hit balls from time to time. There is such beauty in this game. Whether one is practicing a flop shot or imagining running a ball up and feeding it down to a pin is great fun. The work of our architects gives us unlimited memorable challenging shots to imagine and execute. Thank you guys for all your prayers and support. Please keep them coming on caring bridge for this fight is far from over. Seasons Greetings to one and all. cheers Tiger
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:57:48 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2012, 06:08:31 AM »
Tiger,

Wonderful spirit and sentiment in your thoughts. We all should have your courage and will to press on and try our best to overcome life's challenges. Sure, we need to plan, but I've always tried to remind myself to pack as much as I can into each day. That doesn't mean we have to run ourselves ragged...just try to savor as many quality moments as possible, even the quieter interludes. May 2013 find you on the upswing and continuing your life in a rich way!

Cheers and prayers,

Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Terry Lavin

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
Nothing quite as awe-inspiring is the will to live. The fight to live. Chin up, live strong.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Mike Benham

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
... but it is not today.

Get well my friend ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Geoffrey_Walsh

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
You are in my thoughts and prayers, Tiger.

Mike_Young

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
John,
Continue to pray for you and I hope you realize how much of an inspiration you are for me and others.  I admire your courage.  I wish the best Christmas for you and Katie.
Mike
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

SL_Solow

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »
I still plan on another round where we can compare ugly shoes.  Thoughts are with you.

Bill Brightly

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2012, 09:39:53 PM »
I have yet to meet you Tiger, but you are one of a handful of guys on GCA that I have come to know and instantly like just by reading your posts.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2012, 11:18:55 AM »
Amen.

Prayers and good wishes,

Bart

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, Tiger. I hope we can tee it up together one day.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Steve Lang

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2012, 03:02:55 PM »
 8) Geaux Tiger,

Remember Whispering Pines & Blaketree from the 30th Parallel Gang outing back in Dec 2001?  The classic LSU vs TX  hat bet with Andy Hodson?   I remember you tearing out the driveway in a cloud of dust from near the 10th tee at Blaketree..

The spirit to play hard and fight hard can be challenged for sure, but its in you, and I expect to play with you again in the Houston area some day, if you can fit it into your schedule. 

Thinking of you and potential adventures next year!
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Paul Jones

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
I just got to see Tiger and Katie playing on the putting green at Oakbourne. He was in good spirits and enjoying the great weather. Nothing could have made me happier this Xmas then to see him in good spirits and enjoying the day.

John, we are still praying for you and hoping one day we could enjoy a bowl gumbo together again.

Merry Christmas,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:10:06 PM by Paul Jones »
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »
God bless you, Tiger

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2012, 07:38:03 AM »
Sending you all my best wishes from this side of the pond, John.

The fun we all had together in Painswick remains one of my fondest memories and I'll always remember your determination to get up that huge hill on the 1st!

All the best
Robin
2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Mike Hamilton

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
Tiger,

More best wishes from a GCAer you haven't met.  Hoping for the best for you and Katie.  Keep up the spirit!

Mike

Ivan Lipko

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2012, 02:17:52 PM »
Dear Tiger, get well soon. Never give up,  our thoughts in Russia are with you!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »
Robin I had to laugh. I was the only guy who needed a caddie to get me and the bag up the hill. I took to cross tracking my way up like one skies down hill. lol What a fun hole. You needed 4 inch rough for fairway to keep the ball from rolling back to your feet off the tee. and then the TV Network decides to film us playing the hole. Thanks for bringing back that happy and unusual golf memory. Infact thank all you guys for these memories.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2012, 11:35:29 PM »
Robin I had to laugh. I was the only guy who needed a caddie to get me and the bag up the hill. I took to cross tracking my way up like one skies down hill. lol What a fun hole. You needed 4 inch rough for fairway to keep the ball from rolling back to your feet off the tee. and then the TV Network decides to film us playing the hole. Thanks for bringing back that happy and unusual golf memory. Infact thank all you guys for these memories.

Longest 237 yard par 4 in golf.  It's one of the only holes in golf where one stops for two blows on the way up -- and it's just the first!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back