News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Kelly

Re: Say a prayer for our own Tiger, guys.
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »
Damned cancer.

Fight on, Tiger. We're all with you.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 01:01:12 PM »
Thinking of you Tiger...keep up the good fight!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Ian Andrew

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 01:16:21 PM »
John,

I have a friend who was given the "no hope" talk and refused to accept it.
He's here and cancer free with no explaination ... but perhaps his faith.
Keep battling,

Ian
-

Connor Dougherty

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »
Best of luck Tiger, my Dad got treatment at MD Anderson 7 years ago and is cancer free now. You're in very good hands.
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Sean Leary

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »
I have been fortunate to meet and play with Tiger on a couple of occasions, and for those who have not met him, you will not meet a classier individual. He has been in my prayers for a while now, but even more so now as he needs it moreso than ever.

Paul Jones

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 02:04:10 PM »
One thing I love about Tiger is he never gets down and never stops fighting.  We will continue to pray for you and Katie.  

P.S. - Katie is his lovely daughter who has been by his side the whole time and now following in his footsteps as she attends Law School.

Geaux Tiger !!!

Paul
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
As you may well know, John bought a place here in Pebble Beach. He joined MPCC and this was his Nirvana. Just a few short months ago we played the Shore Course at MPCC and he was still outdriving me by many yards. Neither of us had the steam to play all eighteen holes.

Some of you may have a friend or relative with cancer and know what courage it takes to battle on like Tiger has done.  He has had to learn to speak through a device and I don't think he has has had solid food for a very long time. His belief in God is a blessing but his greatest asset his dear daughter, Katie.

John l would love to play with you again but only if I get plenty of strokes.

Bob

Michael George

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »

I have not met Tiger, but he is certainly in my thoughts and prayers. 

With posts like Bob Huntley's and others on this site, he seems to be a great guy.  If the measure of a man is the impact that he makes on others, Tiger certainly measures quite high with many people on this site and, I am sure, others. 

I hope the holidays bring him strength and happiness.  I will be rooting for LSU during this bowl season.

"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »
Hang in there buddy.

Stay positive and know that you're in the thoughts and prayers of many.

Sean Remington (SBR)

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 03:45:39 PM »
 Tiger will be in my prayers.  As an individual who was benefited by prayers from many this past year I can tell you that there is true energy passed to the person that we keep in out thoughts and prayers.  I know that he will benefit from this positive energy and it really does help. May Gods grace be with Tiger and his Family.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 03:52:08 PM »
Thought all around Tiger...hang in there mate.

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
John, we have been good friends for many years and just know that we are here for you. The Redhead sends her prayers . . . . .

And tell Katie she has retired the award for Daughter of the Year.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 07:11:37 PM »
John,
my best wishes and prayers. And to Katie and the rest of your family.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »
Thank you, Sean, for those words of encouragement.

John - we've never met, but reading your post on the caring bridge site, it felt like you shared with me the meaning of courage and grace and love: you from high up on the mountain top, me in the valley below, looking up. Blessings on you, and thank you. I have added my prayers to all those of many others.

Peter

Mike Hogan

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 07:58:03 AM »
John,
We have not met, I feel as though I know you through reading many of your posts.
I wnated to let you know that You inspire me with your courage, Thanks You.
You are in my prayers.

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
Tiger Woods is called Tiger because he had a bad first name.

You are called Tiger because it is appropriate.

It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Jud_T

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 11:14:35 AM »
Tiger,

We haven't met, but my thoughts are with you.  I have had and continue to have several close family members with serious health issues and know how difficult this can be for you and your family.  Hang tough and here's hoping better days lie ahead.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

John Keenan

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 03:10:05 PM »
Tiger

My thought and prayers are with you

John
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

PThomas

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »
Tiger

My thought and prayers are with you

John

same for me bud
197 played, only 3 to go!!

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 12:07:12 AM »
Tiger,

My thoughts are with you. Fight hard, maintain hope and try to savor the joys in life whenever possible.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

John Kirk

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 01:32:04 AM »
Tiger,

My thoughts are with you. Fight hard, maintain hope and try to savor the joys in life whenever possible.

I wish I had written that.  What Kyle said.

Hi Tiger.  I played with Tiger at Chambers Bay a few years back.  I think Sean Leary was with us, too.  I will check in with the CaringBridge site for the occasional update.  Get well soon!

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »
From sunnier times, at one of John's favorite haunts, and with his ever-present smile...

Best wishes, Tiger!

Sean Leary

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »
Tiger,

I wish I had written that.  What Kyle said.

Hi Tiger.  I played with Tiger at Chambers Bay a few years back.  I think Sean Leary was with us, too.  I will check in with the CaringBridge site for the occasional update.  Get well soon!

I was. Didn't we play together with him at Astoria as well?

Emmy

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
Dear T,

More prayers and healing thoughts are coming your way.
I also called our friends/nuns at the Carmelite Monastery and they are praying for YOU too. 

Bill_McBride

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »
John has a new CaringBridge post today in which he discusses new treatments, doctors, etc etc.

But this quote is not only the gist of today's post, but the gist of John Tiger Bernhardt himself:

"I want to fight to live."

He's my hero as well as long time great golf buddy.  Live long and prosper, Tiger.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back