News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

Re: 2012 Photo of the Year Contest
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:52 AM »
Matt Schulte, Hundred Hole Hike

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 11:31:27 AM »
I only took one golf related picture this year.

Ladies and Gentlemen The Buda Cup

Let's make GCA grate again!

Tim Bert

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
This was my last hole played at Kingsley in 2012.  I made the birdie putt.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:23:04 PM by Tim Bert »

Jason Topp

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
It is tough to capture the dramatic setting and the interesting shaping at Kawana, particularly when it is cloudy.  This picture appears to be my best effort.  It is taken from the top of the hotel the evening before I played.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
Gib's entry:

In the interest of full disclosure, let it be known that the committee is comprised of the chairman and all past winners.  If you're looking to impress anyone, you better keep Benham in mind.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Dan Kelly

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »
This isn't my best "golf picture" of the year -- but it's my favorite.

That's my girl, Rose Kelly, conference champ, getting a hug from her coach.

[Screw it. Can't figure out how to post this one.]

One last try:

Yes? Yes!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:15:37 PM by Dan Kelly »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »
AAAARGHHHH! The image is cropped and presented in lower resolution. Please tell me that the judges will be looking at the photos in the proper aspect ratio and with intended color correction.

If not, please replace it with the par-3 photo (fence limbs in the foreground) as that aspect ratio and composition is as intended.

Sorry, I am a cinema D.P. in my other life.   

Brandon Urban

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »
I was lucky enough to step foot on some great golf courses this year, but this picture makes me smile more than any of them. An early summer evening at the home course with the boy, walking and talking about anything and everything. My dad didn't play so I never experienced father/son golf as a kid, but as an adult I know now that it is one of life's greatest things.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:07:45 PM by Brandon Urban »
181 holes at Ballyneal on June, 19th, 2017. What a day and why I love golf - http://www.hundredholehike.com/blogs/181-little-help-my-friends

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »
This picture is from this morning.

Carmen mowing the 15th green at Wolf Point.
She has been part of the golf crew from the beginning, doing finish work during construction, dragging hose and walk mowing during grow in, and she mows the greens at Wolf Point. Her husband, Daniel, is a cowboy at the ranch and they are both great people. It is hard to look at the landscape we've built and maintain without thinking of the people involved. 

Eric Smith

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »
AAAARGHHHH! The image is cropped and presented in lower resolution. Please tell me that the judges will be looking at the photos in the proper aspect ratio and with intended color correction.

If not, please replace it with the par-3 photo (fence limbs in the foreground) as that aspect ratio and composition is as intended.

Sorry, I am a cinema D.P. in my other life.   

Gib:

Not sure what I can do on the resolution.  I uploaded what you sent to photobucket, and that's what it spit out.

I'll put the other photo up and let you decide which one you want to use, or you can get one of the photo pro's around here to get the full resolution image up with no cropping.

Sven
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

Howard Riefs

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »

2012 Ryder Cup
Sunday, Sept. 30
Medinah Country Club
Course #3, 17th hole
Ian Poulter
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tom Yost

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »

In the interest of full disclosure, let it be known that the committee is comprised of the chairman and all past winners.  If you're looking to impress anyone, you better keep Benham in mind.

Is he the guy that submitted that exceptionally artistic, skillfully composed and superbly captured image of the foggy walk at Cypress?

Dane Hawker

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

Tiger fluffing a chip shot at Olympic

Dan Kelly

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »

Tiger fluffing a chip shot at Olympic

At which point, I'd bet you good money, Johnny Miller said he needs to choke up some more on chips from the rough, because there's no power in the upper grooves of the club.

Right?
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »

In the interest of full disclosure, let it be known that the committee is comprised of the chairman and all past winners.  If you're looking to impress anyone, you better keep Benham in mind.

Is he the guy that submitted that exceptionally artistic, skillfully composed and superbly captured image of the foggy walk at Cypress?

He did.  I was most impressed by his ability to set up the timer for the self-portrait.

SteveOgulukian

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 06:17:14 PM »

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:20:38 PM by SteveOgulukian »

Tom Walsh

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
Golf on the weekend before deployment---Corporal DF Walsh, USMC, Marine Memorial GC

That's some sweet action--
"vado pro vexillum!"

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »
Entry retracted.

Ulrich
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:47:04 AM by Ulrich Mayring »
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

Quinn Thompson

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »
...for the 4th time, how does one post a picture on this here deal....might as well, right ?DSC02287.JPG
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:48:26 PM by Quinn Thompson »

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »
Unlike Sean Arble, et al, who strive for a balance of color, perspective, contrast, depth and the rule of thirds, I'm a sucker for a dog's balls.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Jason Hines

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »
I have several for the B list thread, but here is my entry:

GOLF NEBRASKA

Bart Bradley

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »
The Contours of The Island, Dublin Ireland....

Enjoy.  Even if you don't like the picture, get yourself to this course!

Bart

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »
Due to a particularly singular, persistent and peculiar line of inquiry into the impartiality of the Committee, I'd like to clear the air about a couple of things:

1.  Up until last night, the Committee had one member.  "We've" (that being the royal we) decided to open up the ranks to past champions, so this year Mike Benham will have an equal say in deciding the finalists for your vote.

2.  This is really just for the fun of it.  I've really enjoyed seeing the photos posted by everyone over the last couple of years, and hope the same holds true this year.

3.  There is a prize, but it is really a token prize.  Last year I sent Benham a list of golf books to choose from, and I had the one he selected shipped out west.  This year's prize has yet to be determined, and the half of the Committee responsible for starting this thread will be making all related decisions and purchases.  Rest assured, unlike the empty rewards promised in such historic contest threads like "Get Your Name Off the First Page," there will be a prize.

4.  Any comments from the Committee are meant to be taken with a grain of salt, slightly tongue in cheek, but understanding they were made with the utmost sincerity, where appropriate.  We're not talking North Korean judges at the Olympics here.

5.  This Contest is not to be construed as an official GolfClubAtlas.com activity, is not sponsored by GolfClubAtlas.com and the owners and operators of said website are in no way responsible for any activities related hereto.

For those of you who got all this before now, I apologize for the interruption.  For the rest of you, now you know.

Also, here's a thread discussing how to post photos:  

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,50942.msg1161493.html#msg1161493
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:34:11 PM by Sven Nilsen »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back