News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: A New Golf Course in Dallas?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 07:34:09 PM »

Howard Riefs

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 12:00:57 PM »
Quote of the article:

“It’s a landfill, but it’s a landfill with character," said Crenshaw.

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Bill_McBride

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »
Yes, ditto that on getting Uverse working flawlessly from another customer.......

I got U-verse after thunder storms kept knocking out Dish and really pissing off my wife.  Thunder storms on the Gulf coast?   :o

The only time U-verse has been down was the first day of a trip to British Columbia when we got 24" in one day back home in Pensacola.  No TV, no internet, no phone for five days, and no help from the AT&T call center in Mumbai.  Peter Pittock is still shocked at some of the language he heard from my end of a few calls.

Otherwise it's been fine.........

Sam Morrow

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 11:35:35 PM »
More details emerging:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/golf/headlines/20130211-trinity-forest-golf-course-paints-unique-layout-hope-to-attract-byron-nelson-championship.ece

A drawing of the proposed routing was in the hard copy paper yesterday but it does not appear in the linked artcle.

While I have never been fortunate enough to play a Coore/Crenshaw course, much examination of photos and aerials - Friar's Head and Hidden Creek are two of my favorites - there is no dobut they will likely build a terrific golf course here.  But, as much disscussed, the project's "mission" remains in question; and, I'll say it again, on a hot June afternoon, with temps pushing 100 degrees and the wind howling at 30MPH, this is gonna be one miserable place.

100 Degrees and 30mph winds, I think you mean awesome place.

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 11:45:38 PM »
With all these awesome descriptions...

"landfill with character"

"folks would be blown away by what’s out there, to see that kind of property so serene and pretty that close to town"

"ever cascading"

"The landfill gave us these nice contours"

I need to see this landfill in its natural state before it gets golfed over.
 In all seriousness, I guess it has been closed for three decades so it doesn't look like your average landfill anymore, but I am definitely interested in seeing this land prior to starting construction as I had always heard it was a fairly big undertaking. These quotes make it sound like the land is pretty good.

But my favorite quote:
“What a lot of people don’t realize is there’s a lot of stuff that goes on into building a golf course,” ;D

Sam Morrow

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:08 PM »
With all these awesome descriptions...

"landfill with character"

"folks would be blown away by what’s out there, to see that kind of property so serene and pretty that close to town"

"ever cascading"

"The landfill gave us these nice contours"

I need to see this landfill in its natural state before it gets golfed over.
 In all seriousness, I guess it has been closed for three decades so it doesn't look like your average landfill anymore, but I am definitely interested in seeing this land prior to starting construction as I had always heard it was a fairly big undertaking. These quotes make it sound like the land is pretty good.

But my favorite quote:
“What a lot of people don’t realize is there’s a lot of stuff that goes on into building a golf course,” ;D

Road trip? If you pick me up I'll buy the beef jerky in Centerville.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »
And I will meet you both there..

Howard Riefs

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 10:55:27 AM »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Michael Ryan

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »
It's simply a rumor, but one of the hot ones in the golf business right now is that the first of the four title sponsors currently in the FedEx cup that "blinks" and does not renew will be replaced by this Dallas event sponsored by AT&T. 

Looking forward to how this project works out as I can confirm from multiple dealings with PGA TOUR players that they love Dallas and can't stand the Four Seasons, which is not news to anyone.

mike_beene

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »
 Michael,do you mean that the event would move to the fall? I hope not .Hasnt the tour ruined enough big events?I just got back from the Nelson which despite some second class treatment from the tour is a stable on the social calendar and brings a lot of $ to charity.I bet there were 40000 people out there on an overcast Thursday. The tour needs more well attended events.Stick it in the fall and lose it in the football shuffle.If that is not the rumor,never mind!

Gary Sato

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2015, 07:49:22 PM »

Ben Hollerbach

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2015, 10:38:25 PM »
From March 28th of this year.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:40:13 PM by Ben Hollerbach »

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »
Crenshaw say it's 75% finished seems a little generous.  The cement truck leaves no doubt about cart paths but it is Texas.

I'm not clear on the look and feel of the course? 

mike_beene

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 04:12:03 PM »
Course will have no

cart paths except around green areas.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back