News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Shimp

Old Tabby rework?
« on: July 14, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
Is anyone familiar with the going on at Old Tabby Links on Spring Island by AP designs Brandon Johnson?  There was a thread by Mac Plumart recently on Wexford Plantation that got me thinking about the otl project.  It is a good seay/palmer design that has been around for 20 odd years.  Good course with potential to be even better.
I was mostly interested in how extensive the effort is. Its closed now as part of a 7 or so month effort. I know they are regrassing greens but dont know muchelse.  Thats a fair amt of time to do work in the southeast. 

Will Smith

Re: Old Tabby rework?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 04:19:24 PM »
John,

This is a pretty extensive project although the bones of the course will remain the same. They are regrassing all of the greens and surrounds as well as redesigning many if not all of the complexes. They are eliminating a number of bunkers while at the same time taking out turf and creating more of a Pine Valley look. There is not a whole lot of major earthwork going on although they are altering the lake that bisected the ninth hole and making it more of a strategic rather than a penal hazard.

Macurrach is doing the work and what I understand is that Brandon is spending a lot of time on site making sure the details are done right. He tried to get Kyle Franz in to do the bunkers, but Kyle was busy at Waverly and putting the finishing touches on Cabot Links. Should be interesting to see the end result.

John Shimp

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:58:06 PM »
Will,
Thanks for that. Im excited to see what kind of complexes they create. Neat place but wth stiff real estate golf compettion nearby.

Howard Riefs

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

ward peyronnin

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »
I played with Brandon at Wexford and am very impressed with his knowledge of the game and the ODG's.

I look forward to seeing the rework
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Mac Plumart

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »
Any updates?
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tommy Williamsen

Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back