News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

10 years of GCA
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:52:34 AM »
Google Calendar tells me that today is the 10-year anniversary of my participation on this forum. Thank you to everyone with the courage to tee it up with me, always an unknown quantity. I'm happy to know the things that I do, each time I tee it up, shoot a course, or coach a match. From the superintendents to the shapers, from the architects to the amateurs, I am grateful.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Cal Seifert

Re: 10 years of GCA
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:09:14 AM »
Thanks for your contributions. It’s the people that have been here for a long time posting that make this place stay interesting.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:27:33 PM »
I believe Fatboy Slim most neatly encapsulates our communal thoughts regarding you, sir:
“We’ve come a long, long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have to celebrate you, baby,
I have to praise you like I should”.

You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.
Thanks for being here.
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 06:59:52 PM »
You made me go and look at my profile. Apparently, I’m two months just past my 15th Anniversary. Eh? Where did that go?
We’ve done some good things, we’ve done some great things, we’ve possibly done some bad things. We’ve made lifelong friendships, we’ve lost dear friends. We’ve played some golf, we’ve seen golf courses most folks will never see. We’ve had unforgettable days, weeks and weekends together. We’ve eaten great food, drank good wine, smoked a few stogies. We’ve driven miles out of our way to pick up some stranger. We’ve laughed, we’ve cried, we’ve been to weddings, christenings and funerals.
If you’re not yet getting my drift, we’re FAMILY, dammit. Yes, a big, ugly, dysfunctional family at times, but a family, nonetheless.
Well, everyone except Kavanaugh, obviously!  ;D  Kidding, John, love you more than most!
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 11:30:57 AM »
Those are kind words from the two of you. Congratulations on 15 years, Marty. We ARE better for having timpanists in the mix; they lend the rhythm to the words. It's interesting how things have changed over the decade for me. I look forward to the hours, days, months and years to come. Hope they are all plural :)
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back