News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Stephen Pellegrino

Re: Your #1 Bucket List golf course.
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2014, 10:40:18 PM »
Ballyneal. I'm a new member there and haven't played the course yet. Very excited to crack the seal on that one this May.,,

BCowan

« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2014, 12:22:35 AM »
Goat Hill

jeffwarne

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2014, 12:29:46 AM »
Goat Hill

Don't worry, I'll load up the ferry  with some of that fancy pants microbrewery ale (should be no problem to find in The Hamptons ;)) for you and keep it cold in the cart while you walk
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

jonathan_becker

« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »
For the hundredth time mentioned by me, Royal Melbourne.  Come this winter though, I'll need to pick a new #1.  :)

Last year I played the East and the West x 3

I'll say my new #1 is NGLA

Declan Kavanagh

« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »
Fishers

John Mayhugh

« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »
We have several courtesy days (where we can play as Deal has events) with Rye every year - one weekend day. Just secured a much coveted weekend slot this morning, playing with GCA's Dan Moore and Chappers. We have from midday to our 1.40 tee time to enjoy the excellent lunch! Very cool place.

Tell me that's not a 3-ball you're playing!

Norbert P

« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »

Woking has been my most compelling golf course but when I do make it there, I will not miss heading over to France and play . . .

http://www.omahabeachgolfclub.com/GB2_golf_omaha_beach_normandie.htm
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Bill Crane

« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »
Cypress Point.

It is so hard to get on - especially from the East Coast !!  I only know one person who has played there.  I know more people who have played ANGC than Cypress.  I have probably met 14 people who are members of P V.

Want to make an effort to play Shinnecock this year ( Flynn's best!), and it seems like I have some contacts.   Want to play Lancaster, too, among many others.

WmFlynnfan

John Mayhugh

« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2014, 01:22:09 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, Brian. I was worried for the future of golf.

Lloyd_Cole

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2014, 03:21:37 PM »
I've thrown my list away. I know I'll never have time to play all the courses I'd like to. I've been really lucky to play plenty of great courses and I'd now rather play 18 at Pwllheli with my son Frank, than Harlech, which would be too challenging for him... That said, in a few years he will be beating me...

Kevin_D

« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »
For me, while there are many obvious contenders (Augusta, The Old Course, Cypress, Ballybunion), if I had to choose one and one only, the choice would be very clear: Pine Valley

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »
Bill probably 30 friends have played Augusta, hardly anyone I know has played Chicago Golf Club, nor for that matter Cypress Point. Pine Valley isn't the toughest course to access as members are encouraged to take guests and stay over.

Cave Nil Vino

Chuck Glowacki

« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2014, 03:38:47 AM »
Riviera

Sam Krume

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »
After playing most of the top courses here in the UK my #1 has to be PV or NGLA. PV to be ticked off later this year ;D but I am fascinated and drawn too NGLA. I would love to see how CB Macdonald interpreted all he saw here in the UK and took it back over the pond.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back