News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Lawsonia conditions - WOW
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »
I played Lawsonia around 2006 and was not discriminated against.  Their vibe made me uncomfortable, that's all.  It looks from their updated website they have toned down the "religious" touting.

I will say however that this upcoming conference is troubling.  http://www.glcc.org/Files/Conferences/Men's%20Conference-All%20In.pdf

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »
I'm a bit puzzled on this, I don't recall seeing a bible in my golf cart when I played there.

As for a ban on alcohol, I'd prefer they keep the gates open and run the concessions the way the want to as opposed to limiting access to those that are on the property for more secular reasons.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Paul OConnor

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »
I played Lawsonia around 2006 and was not discriminated against.  Their vibe made me uncomfortable, that's all.  It looks from their updated website they have toned down the "religious" touting.

I will say however that this upcoming conference is troubling.  http://www.glcc.org/Files/Conferences/Men's%20Conference-All%20In.pdf

John,

I have to agree here, the banner title to this conference, "ALL IN", followed by the small print, "two men to a room"  makes me EXTREMELY uncomfortable. 

Dan Moore

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »
Amen,

Now back to our regular programming. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Bill Seitz

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »
I would think someone who lives in Southern Indiana would be accustomed to being made to feel uncomfortable by religious types. 

Paul OConnor

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »
"His book, How to Build a Life‐Changing Men’s Ministry, provides the nuts and bolts
of putting together a men’s ministry that works. Steve’s latest
release, Mobilizing Men for One‐on‐One Ministry, is a practical
guide for personal ministry for any man whose heart’s desire is
to leave no man behind!"

I'm guessing there is very little time for cigars and golf with all this "...nuts and bolts... one-on-one...leave no man behind" stuff. 
Count me out pal.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back