News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_beene

Ridgewood CC Waco, Texas renovation
« on: February 18, 2024, 12:12:18 AM »
Here is a course we have not discussed. I have always thought Ridgewood on the bluffs above Lake Waco feels like a blend of the beginning of the hill country and a California coastal property. I saw the 99% completed Tripp Davis redo this week. The bunkering is totally redone, the greens reshaped and moved. Now Bermuda, the greens are often at fairway elevation and the running chip shot has been rediscovered. And several out-of-place bothersome ponds are gone.
The course reopens in May. Members are playing a few days a week and I know one, who added membership in a highly ranked club a few hours north is now confused because his local course is the more interesting one. My Texas rater friends-you know who you are-should see this in June or so. You will tell me it’s not top 10 in Texas. But you will struggle with top 20. Certainly the best golf between Dallas and Austin.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 10:17:45 AM by mike_beene »

Sam Morrow

Re: Ridgewood CC Waco, Texas renovation
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 12:16:47 AM »
I've always thought the place was very underrated, looking forward to seeing the work.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 08:53:16 AM »
I played this with Lou Duran many years ago, to break the journey between Dallas and Austin.  I remember quite enjoying it.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Lawson Klotz

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 11:13:13 AM »
I’ve drove by a couple times during the renovation. I was glad to hear the pond between the 2nd fairway and 3rd green no longer exists. Excited to get back out and see the changes in person this summer.

mike_beene

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 07:26:55 PM »
The pond in front of 9 is gone also. Now several natural dry creek beds that fit with the cedar. A number of the trees are gone. Hopefully the big one front right of 5 will someday go away.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back