News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony Petersen

Sand Hills in July
« on: June 25, 2003, 01:04:18 AM »
 ;D Greetings to all the GCA'ers from the high country of CO. So, seems that I knocked on enough wood and have the chance to play Sand Hills ;). I'm playing July 22 around 2 -?, staying the evening, then playing all day July 23. A buddy of mine from the Broadmoor may be joining me, but if there are any GCA'ers playing on the same dates, I (we) would love to hook up for a game and a beer (or 7) 8).
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Tony Petersen

Re:Sand Hills in July
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 01:35:06 AM »
 :) Lots of views, but alas, no replies...
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

David Kelly

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 04:35:12 AM »
Maybe the David Spade picture is scaring them off.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 10:53:54 AM »
Have a great time. I was there a few weeks ago and it was spectacular. Great golf, great company, and our 4 man GCA scramble team of Shivas, Mike Hendren, Paul Turner and I went -8 on the back nine. We had FUN!!! :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

JakaB

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 01:20:00 PM »
How does the strategy of a scramble differ on one of the worlds great courses as opposed to playing your own ball...would a test of greatness be if the strategy never changed at all or just the opposite.   Or are you all ashamed for playing scramble at all...for at least four divots in such close proximity on a course played so infrequently is shameful enough.

ed_getka

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 08:32:48 PM »
The fun thing about the scramble at the end of the day like we did, is getting to play the holes the way you envision you would on a hypothetical day in "the zone". Being able to go low is mainly the function of having 4 putts at the hole (and Shivas carrying us with some superb ballstriking).

One funny sidenote, we went to the 10th tee as a 9 man scramble, but were informed we couldn't have more than 8!!!
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tony Petersen

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 10:12:49 PM »
Seems like we might have a full crew from CO, and I can only wait to sit on Ben's Porch and stare out into the vastlane... It's going to be, needless to say. As far as the Spade picture, there aren't that many to chose from...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back