News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Potash

Feherty's call of the Double Eagle - Loved It!
« on: April 10, 2012, 05:48:10 PM »
"The Young South African
Louis Oosthuizen
Trying to use those slopes
And this one could be very nice
Could be VERY NICE
Oh, Come To Papa. YES!"

Jay Flemma

Re: Feherty's call of the Double Eagle - Loved It!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
And then as it's heading toward the lip "you know you want to..."
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Terry Lavin

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »
The "you know you want to" reference was on replay as I recall. I'd also be interested to confirm that the first call was truly live. The pacing was almost too perfect.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Brian Potash

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
I thought the "you know you want to" was for Kutchar's near double eagle on the 15th.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »
I thought the "you know you want to" was for Kutchar's near double eagle on the 15th.

Terry's got it right. Was it live-live? I think so, because we didn't hear a roar from elsewhere beforehand. And Feherty is really good. But when CBS doesn't show Adam Scott's ace on 16 for 17 minutes, I'd have to go back to the tape and listen carefully to be sure.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Dan Kelly

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »
I love Feherty's commentary, at the Masters and elsewhere. (His writing? Not so much.)

I watched quite a bit of the toonamint "simultaneously" on the TV set and the computer, via the Live feed at Masters.org.

Sometimes, Live was ahead of the TV.

Sometimes, the TV was ahead of Live.

The TV *rarely* acknowledged that the stuff I'd already seen on Live was not, in fact, live on the TV.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
That is an interesting point.  I never tried to watch the web and TV.  It sure speaks to how much is riding on the need to package and shine up the broadcast and maybe cross the line of manufacturing;  'spontaneity'?  ;) ::) 8)   <--- note how I can't quite write my emotions into the prose.

oops, gotta get to tee time...ta ta  ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back