News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

OT--The Greatness of Tiger
« on: April 11, 2024, 06:07:16 PM »
I have not done the math, but my gut says that the total majors combined won by all of the players that the announcers gush over may be around twice or so Tiger's total. A bunch of them have won one or zero. Mr. Nicklaus must also be amused.

Rob Marshall

Re: OT--The Greatness of Tiger
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 10:51:56 AM »
Interesting thing about Tiger is that in my recollection he never really came from behind to win majors. Always took the lead and then did whatever he had to do to win. YE Yang is the only exception I can think of.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Ben Hollerbach

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 10:59:37 AM »
Interesting thing about Tiger is that in my recollection he never really came from behind to win majors. Always took the lead and then did whatever he had to do to win. YE Yang is the only exception I can think of.
The 2019 Masters was the first major Tiger ever won when not having at least a share of the lead staring the 4th round.

I can't recall another major besides the 2009 PGA where Tiger lost a 54 hole lead.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 11:44:02 AM »
Tiger has more majors than all but six players in the field have PGA wins and that list includes Couples and Singh.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 12:01:51 PM »
One thing I always liked about Tiger's game was the sense that he was never facing a shot he hadn't practiced in some form. Just that sense of preparedness was so impressive (even if it wasn't quite true in reality).
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back