News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Elvins

Re: Assuming no debt, what should be the cost per round at Ballyneal?
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2012, 03:44:29 AM »
Chris,

We obviously see things quite differently given you can't comprehend how quotes such as the seven I included in reply #194 could possibly constitute a sales pitch.

Scott,

If one was being bitchy they would be curious as to why a professional journalist with a link to his personal blog in the signature of every single post he has made on this website is so concerned with someone using this site to advertise. :)
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Scott Warren

« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2012, 04:09:55 AM »
Dave,

If you can think of a way for me to make 10 cents out of the blog, I'll give you five cents. ;D If I'd started that blog to make money then, three years later, I think I'd have to class it as an abject failure. Nope, that's just some fun. When you spend your days writing about politics, murder and war, it's nice to have something on the side that you enjoy writing about.

And, to repeat myself once more, I have no issue with Chris using GCA.com to advertise his business, I just struggle to understand why he continues to deny that's what he is doing.

JC Jones

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2012, 04:23:13 AM »
So this is Scott and his "not creating drama where there is no reason for any"?

Does anyone else find it a bit scary and stalker-esque that Scott can find all of those quotes going back to the time Chris joined the site and post them so quickly?  Or, has he been waiting for this moment all the while, feverishly reading all of Chris's posts, saving them and looking for the chance to go after Chris like he did Pat Ruddy?  God knows how many other databases of quotes he has stored up, ready to "take down" the next victim.

Ran asked that people think about whether their posts contributed anything to this site before they hit the button.  What contribution can possibly be made by Scott and his little attempts at investigative journalism?  I wonder if Ran has the same affinity for the English tabloid rags that he does the golf architecture...

And Scott, if you didn't have a problem with the perceived sales pitch, you probably wouldn't have 18 months worth of quotes saved on your computer.  Thanks for sharing your baseless inferences and the purported inferences of un-named "others."

Like I said, you've showed countless times what you agenda is, time to give it up and go back to blogging about all the courses you've played.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Eric Smith

« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2012, 04:58:47 AM »
Unbelievable. Rock bottom stuff here.

Chris,

Never change.

Scott,

Read JC Jones' posts and think about them, don't dismiss them.

Scott Warren

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2012, 05:23:50 AM »
Eric,

I count myself among the ranks of many who long ago stopped thinking about Jason's posts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:28:21 AM by Scott Warren »

Jim Colton

« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2012, 06:12:54 AM »
So...how about that cost per round at Ballyneal? Do I hear 500? 500?

Jason Hines

« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2012, 08:22:29 AM »
A food fight was mentioned earlier, I think this might be more appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvR6d08L3nc

Tim Martin

Chris Johnston

« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
"And, to repeat myself once more, I have no issue with Chris using GCA.com to advertise his business, I just struggle to understand why he continues to deny that's what he is doing."

There you go again, Scott. You seem to spend a tremendous amount of time "struggling to understand" what you obviously can't, don't, and probably shouldn't spend much time trying to.  I don't know who may have wronged you to make you so angry, but it certainly wasn't me.  As we wake up, one must wonder what really is your agenda?  Is it the purity of GCA?  Is it hatred of Dismal River?  Do you object when all people share their experience here?  Highlighting my posts, absent any context, is creepy and has no place here.

Have you provided any basis for your accusation of last evening?  Nope.  Have you apologized for false claims that have no support in facts?  Nope.  Or, was the task to smear me regardless the facts?  Seem so.  That is sad.

Jason is right on here.   Have any of your posts contributed to GCA?  Did you share anything?  Did you add value to the site or the topic?  Funny that word, value.

I post here about Dismal and our model in the first person, freely and openly sharing experience and explaining why we do what we do with friends and for the benefit of those who may be interested.  If you aren't interested, feel free to pass over my contributions.  Disagree with what I may say but please don't question my integrity with innuendo.  That really is silly.

Smearing people is gross.  Baseless innuendo is wrong in all forms.  Stalking people is creepy.  Attempting to otherwise define good people is just plain wrong.  None has a place here.

Enjoy the day!  Each one is a gift and you never get it back.  Make a difference.  Be kind.  Add value.

PCCraig

« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »
This entire thread is gross.
H.P.S.

Jim Nelson

« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »
Actually, I think when both John Belushi and Joan Baez are posted, it is just beginning to get fun.  ;D  Made me laugh in the morning.  Thanks guys.  Speaking of laughing, JK started this thread and has pretty much disappeared.  My guess is he is laughing too.  Start a thread on Ballyneal and see that it takes less than a page for Dismal to pop up. Always priceless.
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day.  E. B. White

Lou_Duran

« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
For what it is worth, there is a lot of selling that goes on in every day life.  Much of it on this site is not for commercial purposes, but it is selling all the same.

Nothing that Chris has posted raised the hairs on the back of my neck, and, for many years, I've been as cynical as they come.  My hope is that the candor of those who know and are willing to share with the rest of us is not tempered by replies such as Scott's (I gather that some have been deleted).  I have no idea what burr poked through, but having reacted badly on an occasion or two myself, I trust that this is but a temporary, one-time irriitation.

I greatly admire the 1%- I wish I was one of them and want to encourage them to do even better.  I have zero doubt that the DR experience is worthy of this status and I hope to be there for a taste when Sarge is cutting his steak.  

SeanA,

Interesting thoughts on value.  Perhaps it is in my GNA (you know, the old yarn about Seve- "you can take the boy out of the caddie shack, but you can never take the caddie shack out of the boy" attributed to him by his then father-in-law), but seldom do the $500 rounds achieve the expectations, whereas the $50 rounds often do.  Walton Heath- Old at nearly $200 was nice, but the experience was hardly more satisfying that at Liphook for well less than half the price.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »
Actually, I think when both John Belushi and Joan Baez are posted, it is just beginning to get fun.  ;D  Made me laugh in the morning.  Thanks guys.  Speaking of laughing, JK started this thread and has pretty much disappeared.  My guess is he is laughing too.  Start a thread on Ballyneal and see that it takes less than a page for Dismal to pop up. Always priceless.

Jim,

Most of this happened last night while I was sleeping.  A hater's got to hate but some of us still need to sleep.  Here is the thread where Scott Warren unsuccessfully tried to destroy Pat Ruddy using the same techniques.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,44032.50.html

Mac Plumart

« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »
FYI...it appears that some of Scott's comments have been deleted.  Thank goodness.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

JC Jones

« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »
  Thank goodness.

Mac, you are so pure in spirit  ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »
Gee whiz, what a donnybrook.

Who's our next victim?  I nominate MikeVegis@Kiawah!  Just kidding, of course, I still have Kumbaya in my head from the 2012 manifesto...
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Sean_A

« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »

Jim,

Most of this happened last night while I was sleeping.  A hater's got to hate but some of us still need to sleep.  Here is the thread where Scott Warren unsuccessfully tried to destroy Pat Ruddy using the same techniques.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,44032.50.html

JakaB

Have you actually read the posts linked?  While it is true I have a lot of time for Scott, it seems quite plainly obvious that no line was crossed in this discussion with Pat R.  If anything, Pat R lost it a bit.  Nothing worse happens on this site than the implied smear campaign.  You oughta be a politician because you seem to have this thing down to an art. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2012, 06:58:52 PM »
Sean,

Woodward and Bernstein tried to destroy Nixon, they made a mountain out of a mole hill and almost took down the country. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:04:30 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Sean_A

« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »
Sean,

Woodward and Bernstein tried to destroy Nixon, they made a mountain out of a mole hill and almost destroyed the country. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

Hhhmm, W&B didn't destroy Nixon, Nixon was already a long-time cretin who had sold his soul.  I don't think I can say the same of a blind squirrel.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2012, 07:16:52 PM »
Sean,

Woodward and Bernstein tried to destroy Nixon, they made a mountain out of a mole hill and almost destroyed the country. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

Hhhmm, W&B didn't destroy Nixon, Nixon was already a long-time cretin who had sold his soul.  I don't think I can say the same of a blind squirrel.

Ciao

I was 14 when Nixon resigned, 16 when the movie All the President's Men was released and 48 when I viewed the movie Frost/Nixon.  I love Nixon now and throw up in my mouth every time I see Carl Bernstein on MSNBC wearing a bad sweater trying to digest his latest double helping of biscuits and gravy.  Sad to say that I put more value in motivation and technique than the facts.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »
Sean,

Ciao

I was 14 when Nixon resigned, 16 when the movie All the President's Men was released and 48 when I viewed the movie Frost/Nixon.  I love Nixon now and throw up in my mouth every time I see Carl Bernstein on MSNBC wearing a bad sweater trying to digest his latest double helping of biscuits and gravy.  Sad to say that I put more value in motivation and technique than the facts.

"Motivation" may be the word of the day.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Chris Johnston

« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2012, 08:18:32 PM »
Hey, I thought civility was the word of the day!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2012, 01:14:43 AM »
Hey, I thought civility was the word of the day!

If we all remember to only write that which we would say to someone face to face over the dinner table, it can be! ;D
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Sean_A

« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2012, 03:09:13 AM »
Sean,

Ciao

JakaB

It is a peculiar condition of the American public that can condemn a man like Tiger for his transgressions yet honour a man like Nixon despite his multiple abuses of power.  Okay, you are not alone in steadfast support of a schmuck.  Check that, Clinton was a schmuck, Nixon was a criminal (what was it, 40 something guys involved in Watergate gound guilty?) saved from prison time by that sniveling fellow Ford in some shady back-room dealings to trade power for freedom.  BUT, what does any of this talk of blind allegiance to a criminal shown not to be fit for office have to do with Scott?   Read the link you provided and make an argument man.  You may actually learn something about yourself.

Ciao

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back