News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Muldoon

The 1895 club.
« on: December 28, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »
Came across this by accident.   

http://www.cbgc.co.uk/1895_club

This is to my knowledge a unique way of offering complimentary play on other courses which  (presumably) share a similar membership, while having the added benefit of making each member more aware of their own clubs heritage.  Cost to each club, very little, potential benefit to membership high.

There are at least 6 club on the list that I'd gladly pay full green fees on, and I’d happily investigate a few more.

Does anyone know of similar efforts?
Let's make GCA grate again!

David_Tepper

Re: The 1895 club.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
Tony M. -

Thanks for this post. Associations/affiliations like this one are always interesting and should be encouraged.

I believe there is a similar association of James Braid-designed courses, where a member of any one of the member clubs can play any of the other Braid courses at the guest of member rate. Golspie is a member of this group.

DT   

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 07:32:08 PM »
Royal North Devon has reciprocity with a number of clubs.

http://www.royalnorthdevongolfclub.co.uk/Private/members-reciprocal-list.html
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 07:41:48 PM »
I think all the Royals enjoy reciprocity with each other.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 08:01:03 PM »
Bill it is very much individual arrangements between clubs, some Royals have none others have most of the other (overseas) Royals. It is unusual for GB&I Royals to have reciprocal arrangements with each other.
Cave Nil Vino

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
Bill it is very much individual arrangements between clubs, some Royals have none others have most of the other (overseas) Royals. It is unusual for GB&I Royals to have reciprocal arrangements with each other.

So it's RCP and Royal Melbourne, but not RCP and Royal Porthcawl.......

Still not a bad deal (pun intended!).

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »
You are correct deal and no deal!
Cave Nil Vino

Mark Pearce

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 09:41:55 AM »
There are reciprocal arrangements (visitors who are members of other clubs paying guest fees) between groupings of courses designed by Braid (as David mentioned) and Colt.  The Northumberland is a member of both.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Niall C

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »
Several of the Moray clubs have a similar arrangement called the Rover ticket. It allows members of any of the clubs to play other clubs on the list at half the cost of a visitor ticket. I played Nairn Dunbar under this arrangement and it was great value for money.

Niall

Sean_A

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »
Spangles

I am a member of the Golf Society of Great Britain and we get deals at Participating Clubs.  Many are down London way, but there is a smattering all around. 

I have only played in one event (due to mid week scheduling) and it was very good.  I like the society most of all because of its support for junior golf.  I highly recommend folks joining the society.  If anybody is interested let me know.

http://www.golfsocietygb.com/

Ciao     
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back