News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert Thompson

Toronto GCA Xmas gathering
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »
As has been a tradition for the past few years, I'm looking to put together a Golfclubatlas gathering for Toronto and area members at the start of December. I'm thinking Dec. 10, likely in the pub near the Beaches, as has been the case in past years.

We usually have 10 to 15 people out for a night of architecture geekery and seasonal refreshments.There are a few new members from Ontario -- and it would be great to put faces to the names.

Please post here or send me a note if that date works and I'll set up the details.
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Robert Thompson

Re: Toronto GCA Xmas gathering
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 06:59:03 PM »
Canceled due to lack of interest.

No seriously -- just bumping this up hoping one or two might be interested.

I have Ian Andrew coming -- and he might be building the only new course to open in Canada in 2013. Isn't that enough of a draw?

JNC Lyon

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:36:22 PM »
I may try to rally some of the Western New York troops for this one.  Stay tuned...
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »
Robert,

It's a long way from Florida, but I've I'm up Philly way and Mr. Lyon was going up I may make that trek. Any chance to partake in GCA geekery, especially with Ian in the confines, is worthy of a trip if possible. I'm also interested in hearing your further insights on Cabot Links and other Canadian musings. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

JNC Lyon

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
Also, I'm probably a nut, but could there be golf involved that weekend.  I enjoyed a very pleasant day at Arrowhead Golf Course today with the Buffalo GCA crew (posters Kevin Lynch and Ron Montesano, and a shout-out to non-GCAer Eric Hoxsie, who puts up with our discussions of angles, strategy, and who just insulted whom on GCA).  Point is, the weather could stay mild, and golf could be in the picture for that weekend.  Not saying we should plan on it, but be prepared!
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Guy Nicholson

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 09:19:45 PM »
I'll be out of town -- sorry, will probably miss this one.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
I'll be out of town too. If for whatever reason it was moved to the end of November I'd love to join but as is it doesn't look like I can make it.

Frank M

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 02:21:58 AM »
I'd try to make whatever date is settled on...the operative word is try...Holiday season is hard for me to confirm anything.

Matthew MacKay

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »
Hey Rob, Pinta's office party is that night. Let me know if the date changes, would love to come out.

don_bartlett

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that specific date, but would love to join you all if I can.  Once the date is firm I'll be in a better position to commit or not.

Thanks
Don

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »
Thanks for organizing, Robert - the 10th would work for me I think.

Peter

Robert Thompson

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »
No reason this couldn't be Dec. 9 if that were easier.

Thoughts?

Matt Bosela

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 04:57:23 PM »
Robert,

I'm hoping I can finally make it to the event this year after a couple of false starts in the past.  Keep us updated on the date and I'll confirm as soon as possible.

Robert Thompson

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 11:31:17 PM »
Coming back to this -- does the 9th or 10th work for most? I'm looking for the best possible date -- and if there aren't enough interested I'll pass on organizing and perhaps try for the new year.

Matthew MacKay

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »
9th is good. I can't do the 10th.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back