News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kirk

Peter Pittock - 2011 OGA Volunteer of the Year
« on: November 15, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »
Last month, our own Peter Pittock received the 2011 Oregon Golf Association award for Volunteer of the Year.  Peter is a ubiquitous presence at state events, and I am so pleased he received this deserved recognition.  Congratulations, Peter, that is a very nice accomplishment!

http://www.oga.org/index.php/Juniors/details/C67/2744

This article has a picture of the happy recipient, along with award winners for 2011:

http://www.oga.org/index.php/rules/details/c40/2745

Mac Plumart

Re: Peter Pittock - 2011 OGA Volunteer of the Year
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:56:41 PM »
AWESOME stuff!!!

Congrats!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »
Good work Peter!

Justly rewarded!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

David Royer

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
Peter, thanks for your tips as I embark on being a volunteer with the Ohio Golf Association and the Columbus District Association.  When I returned from the Dixie Cup I sent an email to our lead rules official discussing our conversation on mentoring, etc.  As for my putting, your observation remains in intact.  Consistency at every level (or not) is always admired!  Congrats on an honor well deserved.  Best, Dave  Hope to see you at Dixie 2012

Jason Topp

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:08:47 PM »
Congratulations Peter.  Rules officials do a tremendous service without much in the way of external rewards. Clearly this was well deserved.

PCCraig

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 08:14:57 PM »
Congrats Peter. Job well done!
H.P.S.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
Just a matter of wearing 'em down until there was no-one else to select, or talking about burn-out, take your pick. Thank you all.

Steve Lang

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
 8) Pete,

Congrats...

p.s. I assume you got home and put on your North Berwick sweater and relaxed for a moment?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Sean Leary

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Congrats Peter. Hope to see you soon.

Mike Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
My congrats as well!

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 09:21:38 PM »
Peter,

Congrats sir! We look forward to seeing you back East at Merion in 2013.

Cheers,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

William_G

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »
Congrats Peter!!!!

We'll have to toast a few glasses of Pinot to your recognition of your efforts and passion!

Gray
It's all about the golf!

Tom_Doak

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »
When we started Pacific Dunes, I invited anyone and everyone on GCA to come out and see what we were up to.  The first person to take me up on it was Peter Pittock.  On the very first day of construction, he came out to Bandon to meet us, and the only four people who were there when we put the bulldozer blade in the ground on the fifth green were myself, Jim Urbina, Dave Wilber, and Peter Pittock.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
Very nice, Pete.

Thanks for sharing that, John Kirk.

Tim Bert

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 11:53:37 PM »
Well done, Peter!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 12:08:42 AM »
When we started Pacific Dunes, I invited anyone and everyone on GCA to come out and see what we were up to.  The first person to take me up on it was Peter Pittock.  On the very first day of construction, he came out to Bandon to meet us, and the only four people who were there when we put the bulldozer blade in the ground on the fifth green were myself, Jim Urbina, Dave Wilber, and Peter Pittock.

that was a very educational day watching the green flowing out the green in the sand and the collaboration between Tom and Jim as they went theough a lot of iterations until they both felt it was right. No way you can do that with a USGA green. Wasn't there a local farmer knuckling out the right side bunker? Walking through the gorse burnout on 4 and 12, then rolling under the barbed wire fence to get to the 13th tee.

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 03:31:18 AM »
Pete
  I always feel a bit of pride when a fellow rules official gets a shot of recognition and appreciation. Congratulations!!

Were you at Bandon for the APL-WAPL??  I spent 8 days at Bandon and was totally blown away bu what I saw. I have not been that impressed since I worked the US Amateur at East Lake and got to see what Tom Cousins and his people did with the course and the surrounding area.

Please pass on my best wishes to Barb and all the good folks at the OGA.

Again, well done. Much deserved.

' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Michael George

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 03:32:28 AM »
Congrats Peter.  Looked like it was a happy occassion and well deserved.  

Volunteering your time is very underappreciated in our society and I am glad that you are getting this recognition.

"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 07:08:11 AM »
Well done roomie!

BTW...did anyone notice that Mike Erdmann's brother Scoot is in that picture as well (at least I think that is Mike's bro).
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 08:37:07 AM »
Another charitable (and much appreciated) side of Peter is his habit of bringing excellent Oregon Pinot noir to the annual Kings Putter.  That led to the penning of this alliterative gem:   "Portland's Peter Pittock provided plentiful paradisal Pinot."

Thanks Peter, congrats on the award!

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 09:18:15 AM »
Congratulations Peter
Great to learn more about you
Thank you
Cheers
Mike
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil & Tiger.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
Well done Mr. P.!  He is the King Putter's perennial VotY for his generous contribution of outstanding Oregon wines (Raptor Ridge Pinot Noir among my personal favorites).

Kalen Braley

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
Peter,

Awesome stuff indeed!!  Congrats!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back