News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

TPC@Treviso Bay, Naples, FL
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:39:54 AM »
The front 9 has been open since April on this Arthur Hills/Hal Sutton project soon to be the home of a Champions Tour event:

www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/nov/30/local-golf-tpc-treviso-bay-finish-long-journey-ope/

Take a virtual tour:

www.trevisobay.com/virtual.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:02:57 AM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jerry Kluger

Re: TPC@Treviso Bay, Naples, FL opens
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:09:28 AM »
Those membership prices are up there - non-resident 75K - it will be interesting to see if they make it.

Philippe Binette

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:32:57 AM »
doesn't sound like sustainable development to me...

The site of the clubhouse is unreal... who really needs a clubhouse that big

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »
lol  does that sound like a sustainable project is the understatement of understatements.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:07:04 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Rob Rigg

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
They just missed the window - if this place had been up and running about 4-5 years ago it might have had a chance

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »
The golf club's web site (the above link was for the development):

http://www.tpcattrevisobay.com/

and the Tour's article on the opening:

http://www.pgatour.com/2008/tournaments/s552/11/19/tournamentmove/index.html?e=c2NvdHQubS5idXJyb3VnaHNAZ3NrLmNvbQ%3d%3d

From the article posted in the original post:

"The driveable par-4 became No. 9, with No. 18 set as a long par-5, with the chance to go for the green in two."

and

"No. 9, par 4, 392 yards

As players make their way back toward the clubhouse, they are faced with another daunting tee shot at the ninth. The bunker in the middle of fairway is a great aiming point. A long drive may carry the bunker, but a lay up short of the bunker will only leave 120 yards to the green. Again, water guards the entire left side of the hole and tricky crosswinds may push shots in either direction. Precise irons are a necessity as shots played short or left of the slightly elevated green may find the water. Two, well-played shots could result in a chance for birdie before making the turn."

Driveable?   392?

Here's a question I've wondered about for any private club with this type of policy:

The private club is offering memberships, $90,000, non-equity ones that are “90 percent refundable,” Delayo said. “We have a three (members)-in, one-out ratio.”

The maximum membership at the club will be 385, Delayo said.

OK, if the membership is maxed out at 385, and a member wants to resign, how can he get out?  With the 3 out, 1 gets in policy, that's not possible.  They can't let 3 more in.

Greg Chambers

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »
maybe they already know they'll never hit 385
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

JC Jones

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »

"No. 9, par 4, 392 yards

As players make their way back toward the clubhouse, they are faced with another daunting tee shot at the ninth. The bunker in the middle of fairway is a great aiming point. A long drive may carry the bunker, but a lay up short of the bunker will only leave 120 yards to the green. Again, water guards the entire left side of the hole and tricky crosswinds may push shots in either direction. Precise irons are a necessity as shots played short or left of the slightly elevated green may find the water. Two, well-played shots could result in a chance for birdie before making the turn."

Driveable?   392?

Arthur Hills w/ a bunker right in the middle of the landing zone?  Who woulda thunk... ::)
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

JNC Lyon

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »
Does Naples really need another golf course, especially when it's one like this?  I would love to see more original courses built there in the vein of Hideout or Calusa Pines.  Instead, Arthur Hills just builds another water-laden, unwalkable monstrosity.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 11:09:41 PM »
Does Naples really need another golf course, especially when it's one like this?  I would love to see more original courses built there in the vein of Hideout or Calusa Pines.  Instead, Arthur Hills just builds another water-laden, unwalkable monstrosity.

Agreed which is why it probably wont survive without the tour continually pumping money into it with a tournament, etc.

On a side note having lived in Naples for 4 years (now back in MN) Treviso Bay had the worst/most annoying commercials, consisting of a computer generated "fly-by" through the development as POUNDING drums played in the background. You literally jumped in your seat every time it came on.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 12:11:43 AM »
Besides Hideout and Calusa Pines, Naples has other free standing, non-residential golf clubs- Naples National,Olde Florida, CC of the Everglades, Old Collier among them. Is the old Hole in the Wall GC non residential? The problem with Treviso Bay is that it's coming on board into a poor residential market and offers nothing different than the rest except the TPC brand.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

PThomas

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 09:57:10 AM »

does anyone know how all those privates in Naples are doing?  isn't Naples one of the most affected areas in the US re the housing market?
198 played, only 2 to go!!

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »

does anyone know how all those privates in Naples are doing?  isn't Naples one of the most affected areas in the US re the housing market?

Besides Hideout and Calusa Pines, Naples has other free standing, non-residential golf clubs- Naples National,Olde Florida, CC of the Everglades, Old Collier among them. Is the old Hole in the Wall GC non residential? The problem with Treviso Bay is that it's coming on board into a poor residential market and offers nothing different than the rest except the TPC brand.

Steve - Hole in the Wall is also non-residential. So is Royal Poinciana with the average age of the member being 80. (I caddied for a 40 year-old Pine Valley member that just got in after 7 years on the waiting list on RP. He said the admin lady that called him to tell him he was in literally fell out of her chair when she saw his DOB and how young he was. The joke is that you can't go to dinner at the club without seeing at least 2 oxygen tanks)

Paul - Naples is indeed one of the worst affected areas in terms of housing. I know that Calusa is doing great and I believe Old Collier is fine too. I heard HideOut and Naples National were offering special membership package with delayed payment plans to get some more younger members. Overall I bet they aren't hurting anymore than the rest of the country. Most of Naples poor housing comes from over development and investment buyers getting stuck with places they thought they could flip a year later.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »
As anticipated, the original developer went under. Lennar has taken over:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/nov/09/lennar-takes-over-treviso-bay-in-east-naples/

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re: TPC@Treviso Bay, Naples, FL
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 05:13:32 PM »
Some things are not hard to predict even if you do not know how much has the players have.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »
As anticipated, the original developer went under.

The original developer of Treviso Bay was also our client for a TPC course we were going to build north of Milwaukee.  Of course, that was in 2007-08, and it never happened.

Michael George

Re: TPC@Treviso Bay, Naples, FL
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »
In follow up to Patrick, Calusa is doing well.  How can they not be.  If there is a deficit there, they just bill the members the amount needed and the members pay it.  I also know that Olde Florida is doing quite well - probably because it is a golf club - not a country club with a huge clubhouse.

I heard that Everglades and Tuscany Reserve are really struggling.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back