News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rees Milikin

Re: Streamsong knocks it out of the Ballpark!
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2014, 08:59:12 PM »
I had heard they are close to announcing the 3rd course and Matty G confirmed it yesterday on The Golf Channel. 

Gil Hanse?

Buck Wolter

« Reply #251 on: October 08, 2014, 01:08:10 PM »
I got this today--$149/night  through December at the lodge, you may have to sign up to Travelzoo to get it.

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotel-booking/682/?utm_source=top20_us&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=us_top20_2014_41_deal%3a1864266&utm_content=1864266&adid=1864266

Edit--Looks like Howard beat me to it and has a direct link
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:11:28 PM by Buck Wolter »
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

K Rafkin

« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2014, 05:34:08 PM »
I had heard they are close to announcing the 3rd course and Matty G confirmed it yesterday on The Golf Channel.  

Gil Hanse?

I was at Streamsong this weekend and tried to figure out as much as i could about the potential new course.

I was able to learn or really confirm that if they go though with a third course the architect will be Gil Hanse.  By looking around the property, asking employees, and using google earth i have been trying to figure out where this 3rd course would go, and if there was another site as good as the sites for Red and Blue.  Despite my persistence no one was really able to be too specific about where this course would be located.  What i was able to find out (which leaves me to believe that Red/Blue occupies the best property) is that hanse intends to build a Linkish style course with the use of some marshland.  Its likely that this will require the movement of quite a bit more earth than Streamsongs current courses.  I have also the mosaic company (streamsongs parent company) already owns the land, and has secured all the necessary permitting, and approvals.  So they can start building this course if an whenever they feel like it.  A few people were throwing around the Million dollar per hole number, but take that with a grain of salt.

Im having a hard to trying to figure out if Streamsong is doing well financially.  Obviously its a long road back from building 36 holes a 20 million dollar clubhouse, and an 80 million dollar hotel (just guesses not confirmed numbers), but id doesn't seem like its getting as much use as they need it to.  Everyone who works there seems confident and talks about how they just were, or will be at capacity but i just don't know.  Will another top quality 18 get them over the hump as a top tier golf resort and destination?  I don't know but i sure hope so.

Daniel Jones

« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2014, 06:30:24 PM »
I was there in late October and the place was packed. Lodge was busy, every table full in the restaurant, and both tee sheets were solid until 2pm on a Wed/Thurs. Does this equate to sufficient profitability and demand to warrant a 3rd course? I haven't the slightest...

The remake of the Lido was mentioned twice during my visit, but I'm pretty sure the sources had just read the same article by Ginella.

As for the original post here, I missed out on the $12 hot dog, but I did have a pretty awesome fish sandwich in the clubhouse which (I think) was $18 8)

Rees Milikin

« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »

Gil Hanse?

I was at Streamsong this weekend and tried to figure out as much as i could about the potential new course.

I was able to learn or really confirm that if they go though with a third course the architect will be Gil Hanse.  By looking around the property, asking employees, and using google earth i have been trying to figure out where this 3rd course would go, and if there was another site as good as the sites for Red and Blue.  Despite my persistence no one was really able to be too specific about where this course would be located.  What i was able to find out (which leaves me to believe that Red/Blue occupies the best property) is that hanse intends to build a Linkish style course with the use of some marshland.  Its likely that this will require the movement of quite a bit more earth than Streamsongs current courses.  I have also the mosaic company (streamsongs parent company) already owns the land, and has secured all the necessary permitting, and approvals.  So they can start building this course if an whenever they feel like it.  A few people were throwing around the Million dollar per hole number, but take that with a grain of salt.

Im having a hard to trying to figure out if Streamsong is doing well financially.  Obviously its a long road back from building 36 holes a 20 million dollar clubhouse, and an 80 million dollar hotel (just guesses not confirmed numbers), but id doesn't seem like its getting as much use as they need it to.  Everyone who works there seems confident and talks about how they just were, or will be at capacity but i just don't know.  Will another top quality 18 get them over the hump as a top tier golf resort and destination?  I don't know but i sure hope so.

The land out behind the 3rd and 4th hole on the Red Course is where the 3rd course is supposed to be built.  There is a dip in the land that has a nickname, but the name escapes me now, however it is supposed to be utilized in the new course.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2014, 07:11:36 PM »
I was there in late October and the place was packed. Lodge was busy, every table full in the restaurant, and both tee sheets were solid until 2pm on a Wed/Thurs. Does this equate to sufficient profitability and demand to warrant a 3rd course? I haven't the slightest...

The remake of the Lido was mentioned twice during my visit, but I'm pretty sure the sources had just read the same article by Ginella.

As for the original post here, I missed out on the $12 hot dog, but I did have a pretty awesome fish sandwich in the clubhouse which (I think) was $18 8)

I was there the first week of November. We teed off on the Blue around 10:30 and no one had teed off ahead of us for 30 to 45 minutes. We never caught anyone ahead of us and after the 3rd hole or so never saw the group behind us. There were plenty of people around but I wouldn't call it crowded. The guys I played with were staying in Sarasota and had no trouble booking a tee time for the next Monday on the Red.

The caddie in our group told me the third course was over to the left of the second green. Nice guy, but not sure if he was just making conversation or really knew.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #256 on: December 02, 2014, 07:30:52 PM »
I had a thought that the next course that I would build would be a short course between the lodge and the current courses (I believe the blue is closest.)  It just looks so barren when looking toward the lodge and it's fun to take a couple of clubs and a drink and head out for some golf.  The horse course at the Prairie Club is fun and I cannot imagine it was very expensive to build - a short course like the one at Bandon is a much bigger undertaking both in size and money.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »
Rees,

That's also what I had heard when I was there.

I'll inquire the next time I'm there.

I think that the quality of the courses is exceptional.

It was very, very busy when I was there in October.

Jerry,

A par 3 course is a money loser.

If you travel a good distance to go to Pine Valley, do you want to play the 18 hole course or the 10 hole short course ?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2014, 08:51:37 AM »
Rees,

That's also what I had heard when I was there.

I'll inquire the next time I'm there.

I think that the quality of the courses is exceptional.

It was very, very busy when I was there in October.

Jerry,

A par 3 course is a money loser.

If you travel a good distance to go to Pine Valley, do you want to play the 18 hole course or the 10 hole short course ?

I haven't been there since the short course at Bandon was finished but I think it gets a lot of play from reports.   

No, I don't have specifics.

But a pitch and putt near the lodge could be very popular for post-round whisky loops.  At Streamsong you don't leave the property after you play, you hang around and socialize.  If not a pitch and putt at least a big putting green like the Himalayas or Ballyneal would be fun. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back