News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Re: 2012 5th Major at Dismal River - NEED YOUR HANDICAPS!
« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »
Maybe a little. :D

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »
Coming from Denver, is it better to get to Ogallala and go north or go to North Platte and head up from there?

I've done both but prefer North Platte.  You don't need to go through Mullen which gets a bit tricky.  Most GPS systems have Sand Hills G.C. in their system so you set to them and then go a few miles further north.

Stephen Davis

« Reply #327 on: May 15, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »
I am getting so excited for this! What a great weekend it is going to be!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2012, 05:23:26 PM »
I'm up to a 14.2 now....

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
in his honor I think the Saturday night after hours party will be in our cabin.
Go ahead, I plan on playing poker in the clubhouse until I have to leave. 

I'll be the guy to your left.  8)

Sam Morrow

« Reply #330 on: May 24, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »
Is the field and flights and finalized?

Eric Smith

« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
Is the field and flights and finalized?

Really close, but not yet. I do have the four divisions pretty much flighted now, so thanks to your partner for the suggestion. We're sitting on either 64 or 66 players at the moment and awaiting word on which it will be...should be soon. If you or anyone else has someone they'd like to add now is the time to say "aye"!

Sam Morrow

« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »
Wanted to bump this as we are about 4 weeks away!

Eric Smith

« Reply #333 on: May 31, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »

You'll be happy to know that one of your fellow Houstonian GCAers, Cliff Walston, signed up today. Cliff is player #67 and I am hoping that the other GCAer who emailed me last night about possibly playing will come forth and claim #68 in order to bring this field into balance once again!

Sam Morrow

« Reply #334 on: May 31, 2012, 12:22:51 AM »

You'll be happy to know that one of your fellow Houstonian GCAers, Cliff Walston, signed up today. Cliff is player #67 and I am hoping that the other GCAer who emailed me last night about possibly playing will come forth and claim #68 in order to bring this field into balance once again!

I don't know Cliff, many people avoid me. :'(

Michael George

« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2012, 08:18:48 AM »
Sam - maybe it is your 17 handicap  ;D
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2012, 09:28:10 AM »
I'm very sorry to say that some unexpected work commitments compel me to sit this epic out. To Eric, Ted, and Brian, my pards...my profound regrets. I was REALLY looking forward to this trip and needed the respite. Alas, it isn't in the cards just now. I wish everyone a great experience and vow to get out there soon!

Kris  :(
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Eric Smith

« Reply #337 on: May 31, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
I'm very sorry to say that some unexpected work commitments compel me to sit this epic out. To Eric, Ted, and Brian, my pards...my profound regrets. I was REALLY looking forward to this trip and needed the respite. Alas, it isn't in the cards just now. I wish everyone a great experience and vow to get out there soon!

Kris  :(

Kris,

It was great talking to you this morning and like I said, we will definitely miss having you there, but it is just another golf trip...many more to be had. :)

All the best,

Eric

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »
So, can we assume that whoever gets paired with Brian is the guy that Eric wants to drop out next?!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2012, 11:33:49 AM »
So, can we assume that whoever gets paired with Brian is the guy that Eric wants to drop out next?!

Speak of the devil,

That guy is me....for dropping out that is.  Due to both unforseen work and family committments, I too must drop out.  I'm really bummed about this and apologize to Sam, Cory and others with whom I was going to meet up with both before and after the event.

Eric and Chris J,

Please use the deposit I sent in to buy a few drinks for the guys...or as far as it will go! I'm really bummed about this, and sincerely hope I can get out there in the near future.  Thanks again for organizing this and will make every effort for next year.

Kalen

Tony Weiler

« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »

Speak of the devil,

That guy is me....for dropping out that is.  Due to both unforseen work and family committments, I too must drop out.  I'm really bummed about this and apologize to Sam, Cory and others with whom I was going to meet up with both before and after the event.

Eric and Chris J,

Please use the deposit I sent in to buy a few drinks for the guys...or as far as it will go! I'm really bummed about this, and sincerely hope I can get out there in the near future.  Thanks again for organizing this and will make every effort for next year.

Kalen
Kalen, that is too bad I was looking forward to meeting you.  In your honor, I will have a drink on you.   ;)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
Tony,

I'm bummed too, I was really really really looking forward to this trip...but sometimes reality gets in the way. :-\

Enjoy that drink!  :)

Eric Smith

« Reply #342 on: May 31, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »
Kalen,

It was great talking to you this morning and like I said, we will definitely miss having you there, but it is just another golf trip...many more to be had. :)

All the best,

Eric

Kalen Braley

« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2012, 02:34:28 PM »
Kalen,

All the best,

Eric

Thanks for the kind words Eric, I truly am bummed in missing this event.....

P.S.  Make sure to post lots of pics and not just of the golf.  I'm also disappointed I couldn't make a few guys wallets lighter by taking some money off them in the nightly poker game.  :)

Sam Morrow

« Reply #344 on: May 31, 2012, 10:53:16 PM »
Kalen,

Sorry to hear that, thanks for the drink and please send more money. :)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2012, 10:36:59 AM »
Kalen,

Sorry to hear that, thanks for the drink and please send more money. :)

Lol...don't hold your breath on that one!  ;D

Cory Lewis

« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
I'm also disappointed I couldn't make a few guys wallets lighter by taking some money off them in the nightly poker game.  :)
As the non-drinker of the group, I think Kalen's deposit should go towards funding the poker game ;D
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Sam Morrow

« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »
My revision is in, 5.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tim Martin

« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »
Kris,

Thanks for ruining everything.

Brian.

;D ;D ;D

Mac Plumart

« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
Okay...

I debated hickories or moderns.  Actually called Eric to tell him I was going hickories...but I've changed my mind.  Going modern clubs, currently 10.1 index.  Playing like crap...but I hope to turn it around for Tony's sake!!!

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back