News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: 2012 5th Major at Dismal River (June 29-July 1)
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2011, 01:11:44 PM »
Did someone say texas hold em tourney?  I'm in for sure.  Sorry Cory, but I'm taking down the big pots!! :)

Eric,

I don't have a partner, but I'm hoping/guessing someone will two step with me!  ;)

JC Jones

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »
Eric will not "steer" you wrong on how to get to Dismal River:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVRLFqELHXs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Michael - was that your Meatloaf cd?  Eric won't give me an answer.  Honestly, I did not think anyone other than high school girls in the 70's listened to him.  Did "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" come on next?  Love the video, but how do you post it with that music selection.

This video could have a cut in the middle of it where the Miller Light girl tells the guys to 'man up".

It was the radio... Eric picked the channel!  ;D

To be honest, can you think of anything else you'd rather be listening to than Meatloaf while driving down a road with cows on it?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jud_T

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2011, 02:24:38 PM »

To be honest, can you think of anything else you'd rather be listening to than Meatloaf while driving down a road with cows on it?

"It Ain't the Meat, It's the Motion", by Southside Johnny and the Jukes
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:54:57 PM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

JC Jones

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:21 PM »

[/quote]

"It Ain't the Meat, it's the Motion", by Southside Johnny and the Jukes
[/quote]

Dork ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
I'm mailing my deposit in today.  If there is a shortest drive contest, my partner and I will win that one hands down!  My only question is what's the buy in going to be for the Texas Hold'em Tournament Saturday night?  I plan on winning back my entry fee!

Why are you dogging me?

Our boy Cory doesn't drink but I will drink his share and then some and he gets a hard-on when someone mentions poker.

I am looking forward to the event, I just hope nobody from Penn St or Syracuse comes because I'm young and don't play that game.

JC Jones

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »

Why are you dogging me?

Our boy Cory doesn't drink but I will drink his share and then some and he gets a hard-on when someone mentions poker.

I am looking forward to the event, I just hope nobody from Penn St or Syracuse comes because I'm young and don't play that game.

Well, if it's not too soon for that then it isn't too soon for me to ask if anyone wants to meet up in Denver and play Ballyneal on the way to Dismal.   ;D ;D

Sam Morrow

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2011, 10:02:57 PM »

Why are you dogging me?

Well, if it's not too soon for that then it isn't too soon for me to ask if anyone wants to meet up in Denver and play Ballyneal on the way to Dismal.   ;D ;D

Eric and Mac and I were supposed to do that but then Eric said something about banks. That's okay, we've got plenty of options, the Sand Hills are over saturated with courses.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »
How does one get to Dismal River?

JC Jones

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2011, 10:22:02 PM »

Fly to Denver or Omaha, drive 5 hours.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2011, 10:31:57 PM »
Is it better to drive from Denver or connect to North Platte and drive up to Mullen?

I thought that drive was more like 6 hours from memory? Could be wrong. Driver faster?

Sam Morrow

« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2011, 10:42:31 PM »

You could drive like us. I am going to try and sucker in David, what does he drive?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46:18 PM »
Is it better to drive from Denver or connect to North Platte and drive up to Mullen?

I thought that drive was more like 6 hours from memory? Could be wrong. Driver faster?

My favorite trip has been to fly into Omaha, travel across the state playing multiple courses and fly back home out of Denver. Southwest does not charge extra for one way tickets.

Flying into North Platte would save you less than one hour given connections. I don't see it worth the risk.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »

My favorite trip has been to fly into Omaha, travel across the state playing multiple courses and fly back home out of Denver. Southwest does not charge extra for one way tickets.

Side benefit is only encountering the aroma of the feedlots on I-76 one time.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Rob Rigg

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2011, 10:56:10 PM »
Thanks JK - That's good to know if I'm heading out that direction.

Only an hour flight from PHX to DEN - then an hour to get out of the stupid airport and get the car - then 5ish hours. Piece of cake.

Drove it last time and wondered if flying to NP would have been worth it - obv not.

I love Southwest - crazy cheap flights if you book ahead and 2 free bags - dig it.

Eric Smith

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »
We're at 38 thus far, so a little more than halfway to a full house. All are welcome!

Chris says we might even get to go cow tipping one night; or frog gig the Dismal - so sign up and book your plane tickets. This will be the best golf trip of your week!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:46:26 AM by Eric Smith »

Sam Morrow

« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »
We're at 38 thus far, so a little more than halfway to a full house. All are welcome!

Chris says we might even get to go cow tipping one night; or frog gig the Dismal - so sign up and book your plane tickets. This will be the best golf trip of your week!!

REGISTRATION LIST
Mark Saltzman
Ron Hendren
Greg Krueger
Brandon Urban
Barry Watts
Mark Smolens
Nick Feinberg
Sam Morrow
Cory Lewis
Michael Christensen
Mike Hogan
Mac Plumart
John Lyon
Michael George
Dave George
Aaron Lepp
Joe Morris
Mike Hendren
Kris Shreiner
Kalen Braley
Ward Peyronnin
Ron Csigo
JC Jones
Tony Weiler
TJ Patterson
Daryn Soldan
Brian Graham
Mike Denny
Chris Johnston
Eric Smith
John Kavanaugh
JK Guest 1
JK Guest 2
JK Guest 3
JK Guest 4
JK Guest 5
JK Guest 6
Wade Schueneman

You can register and send deposits via this link: http://5thmajor.com/Register.htm

Great to see it coming along, thanks Eric!

Eric Smith

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
A heads up that we're a little over 4 months away from the event so I'd like to ask those who haven't sent in their deposits to plan to do so by March 30 in order to allow the club to plan accordingly. We're currently at 44 players - with plenty of room for more so if you're on the fence you still have some time to work on those hall passes. ;D

Also, if anyone would like to come out earlier in the week please let me know as a few of us are planning on arriving late Tuesday night and playing all day Wednesday and Thursday before the 5th Major begins on Friday at 1:00.

Lastly, any partner requests and/or pairing requests you all may have please shoot em my way and the steering committee will get to work on making this year's event the best it can be. I appreciate all of you who are making the effort to attend this year. It's going to be a great time.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 01:57:25 PM »
Eric...isn't Carson coming as well?
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Cory Lewis

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 02:06:46 PM »
Lastly, any partner requests and/or pairing requests you all may have please shoot em my way and the steering committee will get to work on making this year's event the best it can be. I appreciate all of you who are making the effort to attend this year. It's going to be a great time.
Eric,

I have a question for the steering committee.  Since my partner is probably going to cancel because he's a wuss ;D, but he's already paid his deposit, I assume that means I get to use his deposit towards my entry fee right?  As for my replacement partner, give me somebody who plays about the same speed as Mac to balance me out ;)
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Eric Smith

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »
Eric...isn't Carson coming as well?

He's on the list. #41.

Cory,

Don't count Sam out yet!

JNC Lyon

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »
Who is driving back on Monday?  I have a flight out Monday morning, but Big E and co. seem to be heading back Sunday...
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Sam Morrow

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
What airport?

JNC Lyon

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Sam Morrow

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2012, 07:06:26 PM »
Nevermind, sorry.

Eric Smith

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »
Patron,

Why not just go back with us and stay at an airport hotel with a shuttle?
We aren't flying out until 7:30 that night so definitely playing golf on Sunday before leaving for Denver.

Sam,

Flying in to DEN? We'll haul you too pal!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back