News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Re: What does the treehouse think of this hole?
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
Yawn. There is something about super straight holes lined by trees that my brain rejects.

Ditto
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Garland Bayley

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »
I used Google Earth to show how close this "intersection" is.

Given the land is completely flat, with no mounding or anything else beside trees to provide protection...you have the Green at #3, the tee box on #4, and the green on #5 all within 55 yards of each other.  For a big slicer like Garland...anyone in the vicinity had better be heads up if he were playing thru this section of the course!!   ;D

Kalen,

Proximity of the greens and tee boxes you show are of little consequence when it comes to danger. Especially on holes as short as this one. The true danger is the tee ball that can be hit into adjoining fairways. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are trees tall enough in parched Utah to make much difference there either.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Andy Troeger

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 11:13:21 PM »
Mark,

I've also played that hole, and I pretty much came to the same conclusion.

Pick a club to stay short of the 1st left bunker off the tee, (the 1st one on the right doesn't jut out into the fairway). Then hit the approach in from there.

P.S.  I thought the hole was pretty forgettable myself.

Be curious to see how many folks can identify this hole!

Its very forgettable evidently. I guess I've played it since I played Willow Creek, but have no recollection of it nor does it really even look familiar to me.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 11:46:37 PM »
Mark,

I've also played that hole, and I pretty much came to the same conclusion.

Pick a club to stay short of the 1st left bunker off the tee, (the 1st one on the right doesn't jut out into the fairway). Then hit the approach in from there.

P.S.  I thought the hole was pretty forgettable myself.

Be curious to see how many folks can identify this hole!

Its very forgettable evidently. I guess I've played it since I played Willow Creek, but have no recollection of it nor does it really even look familiar to me.

Andy,

When did you play WC?  The course had a major reno a few years back.  The hole in its previous form had no fairway bunkers.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
2008. Some of the stuff on TV that I caught during the recent Nationwide Event didn't look too familiar either. Did they switch nines too? The 8th was what I remembered as #17 for the event with a stream. The hole before it was a downhill par three.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 11:50:31 PM »
I think the major work was done in 2009, though I could be wrong.

You are correct, they did switch the 9s for the event.  16 is a long downhill par 3 and then 17 and 18 are parallel holes with a stream/pond dominating play.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 02:15:21 AM »
Andy,

They did switch the 9s...but the course still looks pretty much the same as when we played it a few years ago...

Bill Brightly

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 05:43:38 AM »

How about we rip out the cart path (or put it on the right if we must have a path), move the green way left, take out all the trees on the left, and bring the stream into play?

[/quote]

Andy Troeger

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »
Ah ha...I do vaguely remember now. The hole with the canal/creek thing on the left with a bunch of houses on the other side of it. Obviously the hole itself didn't keep my attention!

I think that water feature might have been out of bounds--or at the very least more for the benefit of the homes than the golf course.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
I sort of like it.  Reminds me of number 6 at the Springhaven Club.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back